Shipped without a glow plug

omaha

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
I just received my Smokefire yesterday and assembled it last evening. Unfortunately, there was no glow plug in the box. Has this happened to anyone else? There's still a chance I just dropped it, but I didn't throw anything out yet. I sent an email to Weber last night and am awaiting feedback.

In the meantime, are replacements sold in any brick and mortar stores? I looked on Ace's website and didn't see anything. Amazon will take until Saturday to get here and I'd like to do the initial burn in before the weekend.

They now come with multiple glow plugs.

Three glow plugs came with mine. Came in one of the parts bags that I didn't expect or seemed unusual somehow. Don't remember which one.

I would call them- they usually ship the same day (no charge). they should have had a couple spares in there too. Email response seems very slow FYI, definitely call

Thanks. I definitely didn’t misplace multiple. Still waiting on a response from Weber, but sounds like they missed them.

Thanks. I definitely didn’t misplace multiple. Still waiting on a response from Weber, but sounds like they missed them.
yeah just call them- you might be waiting a week or might get an instant response....

yeah just call them- you might be waiting a week or might get an instant response....
Thanks. I just called and they're sending out two. Sadly I don't think it will get here before the weekend though.

Thanks. I just called and they're sending out two. Sadly I don't think it will get here before the weekend though.
It is possible to start the grill without a glow plug if you don't get one before the weekend. A small number of pellets in the burn pot, light with a match/gas lighter, and then set the temp so it starts feeding pellets. The glow plug is only used for the initial ignition of the pellets so you should be good from that point onwards. I had to do this once when there seemed to be a worldwide shortage of smokefire glowplugs!

It is possible to start the grill without a glow plug if you don't get one before the weekend. A small number of pellets in the burn pot, light with a match/gas lighter, and then set the temp so it starts feeding pellets. The glow plug is only used for the initial ignition of the pellets so you should be good from that point onwards. I had to do this once when there seemed to be a worldwide shortage of smokefire glowplugs!
I believe you can using a torch to ignite some pellets. Never done it personally but I’ve heard of it being done successfully.

Thanks for the tip. I might give that a shot tomorrow night. I assume there's no risk of damaging anything by manually lighting it?

Thanks for the tip. I might give that a shot tomorrow night. I assume there's no risk of damaging anything by manually lighting it?
I can't see there being an issue. Just ensure that the fire catches and the pellets being fed in ignite or you'll end up with a burn pot full of unburned pellets :) - once you can see the fire going, put the burn pot cover and flavoriser bar back in position and let it do its thing.

Just wanted to follow up. I ended up manually starting it to do the initial burn and then got the glow plug the next day. I’m loving the smokefire so far. Have done steaks, sausages, burgers, and wings with no complaints. Pork butt is next on tap.
E3574236-63A8-4994-A5F4-8FE1C28BB6A6.jpeg
DF754227-2DA3-42E8-95B5-E4298A10F143.jpeg

Just wanted to follow up. I ended up manually starting it to do the initial burn and then got the glow plug the next day. I’m loving the smokefire so far. Have done steaks, sausages, burgers, and wings with no complaints. Pork butt is next on tap.
View attachment 3802View attachment 3803
Awesome man I went out for dinner at a very expensive steakhouse tonight and I couldn’t help thinking Man this would’ve been better on the smoke fire?

Back