New EX4 - Glow Plug Question

Shaston

Reaction score
Thanks to all the great advice on this forum I have purchased an EX4, got it today and assembled it using the BILT App. All went well except for one question for the experts - the glow plug is not directly centered in the fire pot hole and is touching the fire pot - see picture. I did use the hose clamp trick to ensure a good connection.

Is it OK for the glow plug to be off center and contacting the bottom piece of the fire pot?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CF687B2E-29CD-49F6-AAC5-025D6A0111D6.jpeg
    CF687B2E-29CD-49F6-AAC5-025D6A0111D6.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 28
I would try to readjust the plug. The grate could act as a heat sink and quite possibly not let the plug get up to temperature

I would try to readjust the plug. The grate could act as a heat sink and quite possibly not let the plug get up to temperature
If memory serves me correctly, I believe I had to massage mine a bit to get it off the fire pot. I just persuaded it a bit and I’ve been a lucky one with never an issue. No hose clamp either.

I know, I should have never said anything. I’m doomed now!

I dont think it matters if the glow plug touches the pellet grate or not. As long as it has a good ground connection and in contact with pellets you should see smoke.

Back