Moving Forward.

Classic troll move by trying to bait people into political arguments. Please remove this TROLL.

1604847051848.png

Under the bridge with you. Some what mysterious, that when someone calls troll, Weber suddenly, for no apparent reason wakes up and responds?! I’d need to see proof, I would eat crow, apologize, and look stupid, but seriously...if I bought a 1200.00 filler item and it didn’t work properly, or I could figure it out, it would have been returned or replaced like the next day or two.

Last edited:
Under the bridge with you. Some what mysterious, that when someone calls troll, Weber suddenly, for no apparent reason wakes up and responds?! I’d need to see proof, I would eat crow, apologize, and look stupid, but seriously...if I bought a 1200.00 filler item and it didn’t work properly, or I could figure it out, it would have been returned or replaced like the next day or two.
As Spock used to say “Highly Illogical”

This is the guy that needed three people to help him put the grill together and it took the 4 hours to do so. Obviously something isn’t right with this guy.

Looking back to my first post and now heading into November, trying everything that had been suggested to me, I’m still unable to speak with a live Weber technician or customer support person and their inability to contact me. My last email sent to the CEO failed to materialize any positive results.
Therefore, is it absolutely necessary to have all applicable updates installed before I attempt to do the first fire up in hopes of reaching 600 degrees? Do I have to have ALL updates installed to simply use this EX6? Like the Treager I once owned, can I use the EX6 WITHOUT using my iPhone?
I have a freezer full of meat that I want to grill. I can’t wait any longer for Weber support that appears to not work.
Couple of things.
1. Don’t have to use iPhone. If you would prefer walking up to SmokeFire and monitor progress. Go for it. If you want to control SmokeFire for the control panel god bless.

regards to tech support. I give them A+. Not only have I gotten prompt support, replaced the auger and the pellet ramp. I got a couple of bags of pellets as well.
When I still had problems, they replaced the entire SmokeFire free of charge. In addition, I did some investigation and determined the telephone # of the VP of customer experience. I left her a respectful but direct voice mail. I got a response and encouragement to call if I had problems in the future. I was referred to the VP of Quality, I have called him a number of times regarding the pellet void issue and how it impacts the software.

so at the end of the day here is how i see it. The Smokefire has a lot of technology in it that needs to be ironed out. When it works correctl, it is without a doubt the best cooking results I have ever had in my 40 plus years old grilling, smoking/BBQ. However, in retrospect they probably released a product that was ready.

Couple of things.
1. Don’t have to use iPhone. If you would prefer walking up to SmokeFire and monitor progress. Go for it. If you want to control SmokeFire for the control panel god bless.

regards to tech support. I give them A+. Not only have I gotten prompt support, replaced the auger and the pellet ramp. I got a couple of bags of pellets as well.
When I still had problems, they replaced the entire SmokeFire free of charge. In addition, I did some investigation and determined the telephone # of the VP of customer experience. I left her a respectful but direct voice mail. I got a response and encouragement to call if I had problems in the future. I was referred to the VP of Quality, I have called him a number of times regarding the pellet void issue and how it impacts the software.

so at the end of the day here is how i see it. The Smokefire has a lot of technology in it that needs to be ironed out. When it works correctl, it is without a doubt the best cooking results I have ever had in my 40 plus years old grilling, smoking/BBQ. However, in retrospect they probably released a product that was ready.
Amen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back