Who's getting the Weber Searwood?

In what way?
I guess I should say that they’re going to a more standard configuration like all smokers with the hopper on the side… so to say it’s a traeger clone might be inaccurate…

I'm new here - I just picked up my Searwood 600 today at Ace Hardware! Can't wait to start using it this week. Building it was no fun though, especially after I got the legs attached. That took me forever because I was mistakingly decided to tighten up the screws as I went along and then had trouble when some of the holes didn't match up properly. Only after some frustration did I then happen to glance at the table and see a sealed, plastic pouch that I had earlier taken out of the Searwood box when unpacking everything. It was a yellow piece of paper along with 6 screws and another allen key. I opened it and it was an addendum to the instruction manual! Ugh, wish they had packed it in the same pouch that the instruction manual come in. That would have saved me a ton of time. Anyway it explained that you should not completely tighten any of the screws until all of the legs were attached. It also came with 6 screws that were slightly different than the original ones and these were supposed to be used to attach the fourth leg. I finally got it all put together properly and now just waiting until Thursday when I can smoke some St. Louis ribs and rib tips. Oh, and in case anyone has a Civic Type R (or regular Civic hatchback), the box does fit into the hatch perfectly. This astounded the Ace Hardware staff. They initially told me there was no way it would fit into my car.
IMG_3281.png

I'm new here - I just picked up my Searwood 600 today at Ace Hardware! Can't wait to start using it this week. Building it was no fun though, especially after I got the legs attached. That took me forever because I was mistakingly decided to tighten up the screws as I went along and then had trouble when some of the holes didn't match up properly. Only after some frustration did I then happen to glance at the table and see a sealed, plastic pouch that I had earlier taken out of the Searwood box when unpacking everything. It was a yellow piece of paper along with 6 screws and another allen key. I opened it and it was an addendum to the instruction manual! Ugh, wish they had packed it in the same pouch that the instruction manual come in. That would have saved me a ton of time. Anyway it explained that you should not completely tighten any of the screws until all of the legs were attached. It also came with 6 screws that were slightly different than the original ones and these were supposed to be used to attach the fourth leg. I finally got it all put together properly and now just waiting until Thursday when I can smoke some St. Louis ribs and rib tips. Oh, and in case anyone has a Civic Type R (or regular Civic hatchback), the box does fit into the hatch perfectly. This astounded the Ace Hardware staff. They initially told me there was no way it would fit into my car. View attachment 6527
Ace Hardware provides free assembly and free delivery so long as you live within a reasonable distance to the store. Why didn't you just let them assemble it for you? Nice ride BTW :)

Ace Hardware provides free assembly and free delivery so long as you live within a reasonable distance to the store. Why didn't you just let them assemble it for you? Nice ride BTW :)
Oh thanks! I think it's more fun to do it yourself and, to be fair, it was my fault for not making sure to go over every piece of literature before doing the build. Plus I should have looked on YT for build videos, there is one on there from a guy in Texas. Lesson learned. :giggle:

Much better to build it yourself. You get familiar with the smoker and will be more comfortable.
Plus, my tools are better!

I ordered the rotisserie a few days ago, supposed to be at my local Ace today. Looking forward to trying it. Also have the Genesis 410, bummer that there's not enough clearance for it, as I was thinking about it for that too.
Did my first chicken on the rotisserie, amazing

I'm new here - I just picked up my Searwood 600 today at Ace Hardware! Can't wait to start using it this week. Building it was no fun though, especially after I got the legs attached. That took me forever because I was mistakingly decided to tighten up the screws as I went along and then had trouble when some of the holes didn't match up properly. Only after some frustration did I then happen to glance at the table and see a sealed, plastic pouch that I had earlier taken out of the Searwood box when unpacking everything. It was a yellow piece of paper along with 6 screws and another allen key. I opened it and it was an addendum to the instruction manual! Ugh, wish they had packed it in the same pouch that the instruction manual come in. That would have saved me a ton of time. Anyway it explained that you should not completely tighten any of the screws until all of the legs were attached. It also came with 6 screws that were slightly different than the original ones and these were supposed to be used to attach the fourth leg. I finally got it all put together properly and now just waiting until Thursday when I can smoke some St. Louis ribs and rib tips. Oh, and in case anyone has a Civic Type R (or regular Civic hatchback), the box does fit into the hatch perfectly. This astounded the Ace Hardware staff. They initially told me there was no way it would fit into my car. View attachment 6527
Love mine, but you should have gotten the XL to be honest

Who's planning on purchasing the new Searwood? I'm really excited to see how well the new rotisserie or griddle inserts work.
I bought one but still haven't got the griddle insert, but I'm using the old rotisserie from my gold series . I just bent the bracket up so it's lines up with the slot. Make sure you bend it first then add it to your searwood. Thin metal ,you could break the cast aluminum. It took me 3 times but finally git it right. I'll send a picure.

Attachments

• 20240618_101959.mp4
    13.1 MB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back