Who's getting the Weber Searwood?

Mine as well, did some boneless pork chops that turned out great.
Great minds my friend! That’s essentially what we had with the Pork Loin. Used the smoke boost mode a little bit and it worked great. More smoke than my GMG.

I only saw the 600 not the XL 600. I have a EX4 so that's the one I wanted to see. I was a bit surprised to see it because that have so many Traegers and never had the Smokefire.
Thanks I stopped by, they had some good stuff.
The Searwood looks ok, I liked the Weber Slate griddle and now am currently trying to figure out how to talk my wife into a summit charcoal.

Great minds my friend! That’s essentially what we had with the Pork Loin. Used the smoke boost mode a little bit and it worked great. More smoke than my GMG.
I activated that for a bit, but should have done longer. Also should have done a post-sear to get that flavor of flame-kissed meat. All in all, good 1st cook.

Got my Searwood 4/15. Seasoned it over the weekend. Then did a beer can chicken yesterday with great results. New to pellet grilling. (I did tent the chicken, as done earlier than we wanted to eat- so, of course, that "softened up" the skin a bit- won't do that again!) Using Weber Grill Master Blend pellets.

Attachments

• Beercan Chicken.jpg
    Beercan Chicken.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 27
Saw one today at Lowes. Looks very well built. Any ideas on how to get rid of a SF EX4 to make room (and a plausible/logical explanation to 'she who must be obeyed'!). I'm sure I am not alone in this dilemma.

Who's planning on purchasing the new Searwood? I'm really excited to see how well the new rotisserie or griddle inserts work.
Probably not, love my smokefire but have had nothing but problems with weber customer service, cause of that, I don't think I'll get another weber

Should have mine shortly this week. As it turns out, the rotisserie sold for this is the same as the one I bought for my Genesis e-410 but couldn’t use. Even with smaller chickens and grill grates removed, there isn’t enough clearance on the Genesis to rotate properly. Ended up forgetting to return it, so really looking forward to making use of it on the Searwood XL. Actually, probably going to be my first cook! I’ll upload pics when I do.

Should have mine shortly this week. As it turns out, the rotisserie sold for this is the same as the one I bought for my Genesis e-410 but couldn’t use. Even with smaller chickens and grill grates removed, there isn’t enough clearance on the Genesis to rotate properly. Ended up forgetting to return it, so really looking forward to making use of it on the Searwood XL. Actually, probably going to be my first cook! I’ll upload pics when I do.
Please do.

I ordered the rotisserie a few days ago, supposed to be at my local Ace today. Looking forward to trying it. Also have the Genesis 410, bummer that there's not enough clearance for it, as I was thinking about it for that too.

Last edited:
Well, it has been a while since I have posted here but figured since I am picking up a Searwood 600 XL today after passing on my Smokefire EX6 to my son-in-law I'd hop back on. I am looking forward to spending this rainy day, building and burning in the grill today.

My Searwood arrived a few days ago. The assembly went good. The instructions are very good. There is a sharp edge on the back of the lid which gave me a small cut when I picked the lid up to install it. The allen wrench that they provided was not great and didn't sit in the screws very well for tightening and it was hard to not strip theri heads. Weber has figured this out and added a bag with a spare allen wrench and a few extra screws. After doing a couple of screws, I switched to my power driver.

It feels more solid than my Smokefire. I really like the way the lid opens all of the way instead of half way like the SF. Smoke comes out everywhere. It doesn't have vents in the rear but maybe there is a bigger gap for smoke to come out along the back edge of the lid.

I set it for 450 degrees for the burn in. It came up to temperature similar to how my SF comes up to temperature. The menu operation is different and wasn't intuitive to me but I'm sure after a couple of cooks it will be fine. I normally use my phone to control it anyway. I do like the new bigger display.

Of course it required a firmware upgrade after assembly and I wanted to let that complete before the burn in. I didn't have any issues with the firmware upgrade unlike the early SF upgrades which required multiple tries. I think it took about a half an hour to complete the update so I wasn't able to do the burn in the first evening like I planned to do.

I'm sure it will smoke just fine. I'm looking forward to testing out grilling out it. It will be interesting to see if what happens when I go from a long smoke to high temperature. My SF almost always had a grease fire when I did that. Since most of the bottom is easy to slide out, it will be a lot easier to clean most of the grease so I will be more likely to clean it then the SF. These grease fires were the only real issue I had with the SF. (Okay. I did have the supports for the flavorizer bars decay and got the early auger replaced under warranty. I never installed the improved SF pellet ramp they sent me.)

Here are a couple of pics.

PXL_20240607_023230409.jpg

PXL_20240607_023251735.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240607_023251735.jpg
    PXL_20240607_023251735.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 2
My Searwood arrived a few days ago. The assembly went good. The instructions are very good. There is a sharp edge on the back of the lid which gave me a small cut when I picked the lid up to install it. The allen wrench that they provided was not great and didn't sit in the screws very well for tightening and it was hard to not strip theri heads. Weber has figured this out and added a bag with a spare allen wrench and a few extra screws. After doing a couple of screws, I switched to my power driver.

It feels more solid than my Smokefire. I really like the way the lid opens all of the way instead of half way like the SF. Smoke comes out everywhere. It doesn't have vents in the rear but maybe there is a bigger gap for smoke to come out along the back edge of the lid.

I set it for 450 degrees for the burn in. It came up to temperature similar to how my SF comes up to temperature. The menu operation is different and wasn't intuitive to me but I'm sure after a couple of cooks it will be fine. I normally use my phone to control it anyway. I do like the new bigger display.

Of course it required a firmware upgrade after assembly and I wanted to let that complete before the burn in. I didn't have any issues with the firmware upgrade unlike the early SF upgrades which required multiple tries. I think it took about a half an hour to complete the update so I wasn't able to do the burn in the first evening like I planned to do.

I'm sure it will smoke just fine. I'm looking forward to testing out grilling out it. It will be interesting to see if what happens when I go from a long smoke to high temperature. My SF almost always had a grease fire when I did that. Since most of the bottom is easy to slide out, it will be a lot easier to clean most of the grease so I will be more likely to clean it then the SF. These grease fires were the only real issue I had with the SF. (Okay. I did have the supports for the flavorizer bars decay and got the early auger replaced under warranty. I never installed the improved SF pellet ramp they sent me.)

Here are a couple of pics.

View attachment 6490

View attachment 6492
I never had any grease fires with my EX4 because I used a grease catching pan right under the grill. The only thing that I needed to clean was the ash inside the grill itself. My only issue with the Searwood is that it doesn't have the flavorizer bars running top to bottom, so now I cannot use my pans anymore. I'm going to have to find a way to hang the grease pans off the grill somehow... My experiment starts on Tuesday as that is the day my new Searwood gets delivered!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back