Who's getting the Weber Searwood?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's planning on purchasing the new Searwood? I'm really excited to see how well the new rotisserie or griddle inserts work.

Very possible. I was a pre order guy on the SmokeFire, I don’t think I’ll do the same with the Searwood but I can’t wait to see one.

Same. This sounds like it would be perfect for me, but after continuous issues with my smokefire, I just bought my second Louisiana Grills pellet smoker, and I'll have more opportunity to follow the results with for the to see what the replacement will be when the time comes. Weber as been a great company to deal with, but not the Smokefire!

Darn, I was supposed to go to CES in Las Vegas where it is on display but had to cancel at the last minute. On the surface it looks intriguing. My problem (like many others I'm sure) would be what to do with my current EX4 G2. It and I have finally gotten into a mutual understanding of my expectations and its ability to deliver. 8^)
BUT - on the surface, it does look like Weber put a lot of thought into it and addressed many of the SF issues. Now, let me see what excuses I can come up with .......

If the open lid cooking (grilling and griddle) work well, I'm sold at the new price point!

I would say it’s 80-20 in favor of
One being on my patio in the spring.

Darn, I was supposed to go to CES in Las Vegas where it is on display but had to cancel at the last minute. On the surface it looks intriguing. My problem (like many others I'm sure) would be what to do with my current EX4 G2. It and I have finally gotten into a mutual understanding of my expectations and its ability to deliver. 8^)
BUT - on the surface, it does look like Weber put a lot of thought into it and addressed many of the SF issues. Now, let me see what excuses I can come up with .......
Among other improvements, a real plus for me is that it can accommodate a rotisserie.

I'm another smokefire pre-order customer and will let others give this a go before I make up my mind. A front shelf would have been nice and put the lid handle up higher so we can use the front shelf. The option to rotisserie is nice. They have these priced out real nice. Wonder if the Smokefire models will go on clearance. Would be great to have one of the sear+ versions put in storage if prices hit sub $500. I don't have a griddle, but think I would prefer a dedicated one instead of an insert. What happens to the Smokefire owners now that they are discontinuing it? It went through all the changes to make it work as intended and now its being replaced. How long will replacement parts be available?

I also got my SmokeFire the day was available and hope this doesn’t mean they will stop supporting it. Maybe trying to reset their pellet grill image using a different name and design. I need to see it in person, at that price point will it be lower quality than the SmokeFire that I’m pretty sure won’t last half as long as my Genesis or Kettle.

I’m in for the Searwood if either of the models become available within the next few weeks. I really like the direct flame grilling aspect but if they don’t start shipping them soon I may have to go for a Recteq DeckBoss 590.

i was told this morning they will start shipping in the next 2 months

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back