Who's getting the Weber Searwood?

I keep checking ACE Hardware. They are normally really good about getting grills in before some of the big box stores.

I keep checking ACE Hardware. They are normally really good about getting grills in before some of the big box stores.

Same here, 2 local stores show it as in stock, but they don't actually have it. They said they would call when they get it in.

That would be nice. I don’t feel like waiting a whole two months. Neither trust me.

I just saw an fb ad from Ace that they're having a spring event March 23rd - lots of weber items in the ad. Not that Ace is aligning anything to weber's release schedule, but I guess it's possible.

While I didn't pre-order my EX4, I did order it when it first came out. I have kept up with the updates and I have never had the issues that others have had. One of the reasons that I purchased it was that for a grill made in the USA, it had a great price point. Looking at how far they dropped the price for the Sear Wood, as compared to the SmokeFire, makes me think a couple of things. It may be way of getting those who had problems with the SmokeFire to come back or maybe it is made in China.

Max Good, AmazinRibs.com, https://amazingribs.com/ratings_reviews/weber-searwood-600-pellet-grill-reviewed-and-rated/, did a review on the Sear Wood. At the bottom of the Specs, there is a column saying if it is made in the USA. He says no.

As much as I can see the advantages of the Sear Wood, if it is made in China, then I will have to look other places.

While I didn't pre-order my EX4, I did order it when it first came out. I have kept up with the updates and I have never had the issues that others have had. One of the reasons that I purchased it was that for a grill made in the USA, it had a great price point. Looking at how far they dropped the price for the Sear Wood, as compared to the SmokeFire, makes me think a couple of things. It may be way of getting those who had problems with the SmokeFire to come back or maybe it is made in China.

Max Good, AmazinRibs.com, https://amazingribs.com/ratings_reviews/weber-searwood-600-pellet-grill-reviewed-and-rated/, did a review on the Sear Wood. At the bottom of the Specs, there is a column saying if it is made in the USA. He says no.

As much as I can see the advantages of the Sear Wood, if it is made in China, then I will have to look other places.
Thanks for the review.

I mean yes technically the SF is assembled in the USA, but ask the parts are Chinese or technically "internationally sourced"

As a 2020 SF6 buyer, I'll watch a few video reviews and decide.... In reality, who am I kidding. If my wife lets me I'll be purchasing lol.

Well of course I want one but as a day one SmokeFire owner, it’s now out of warranty and I had to buy some parts to get it up and running again.
Not sure 3 years is enough of a warranty for me.

I'm thinking very seriously about a Camp Chef Woodwind Pro. The smoke box appears to be a real game changer as far as wood pellet grills go. There's lots of very positive reviews about it. The bark they can produce looks amazing.

Woodwind Pro vs Pitts and Spitts

I had never considered Camp Chef as an option and have only owned Weber grills. The SmokeFire was my first non-charcoal product.

I'm thinking very seriously about a Camp Chef Woodwind Pro. The smoke box appears to be a real game changer as far as wood pellet grills go. There's lots of very positive reviews about it. The bark they can produce looks amazing.

Woodwind Pro vs Pitts and Spitts

I had never considered Camp Chef as an option and have only owned Weber grills. The SmokeFire was my first non-charcoal product.
It’s a nice looking grill! I didn’t love the bottom grates but it has a lot of nice stuff going on.

IMG_6613.jpeg

Where did you find one Bruno? I'd like to see one in person before pulling the trigger but haven't found one locally.

I suppose I could drive to the Bay area in three hours.

Last edited:
Where did you find one Bruno? I'd like to see one in person before pulling the trigger but haven't found one locally.

I supposed I could drive to the Bay area in three hours.
That’s at Bass Pro Shop San Jose.
Here’s the tag.

IMG_6612.jpeg

Make it worth the trip and buy some Cabela’s pellets. They are only $9.99 and my SmokeFire loved them.

Check out Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shop, it looks like the Cabela’s in Verdi my have one in stock to look at.
IMG_6627.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back