Holy Cow

Hallelujah! Had one of my boys come over and switch out the glow plug...it worked!! Added a small hose clamp to help keep grounded. It’s up and going again.

Nice!
Didn't worry about the auger swap?
Did you already have the one piece setup?

Nice!
Didn't worry about the auger swap?
Did you already have the one piece setup?
?...what do you mean? They new auger is on its way...and new glow plug assembly....my old glow plug

Attachments

• F875EAC8-CA6E-4803-AE70-6057A9D8ED8F.jpeg
    F875EAC8-CA6E-4803-AE70-6057A9D8ED8F.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 6CF98E11-6142-49D3-81B7-D276A3851AE0.jpeg
    6CF98E11-6142-49D3-81B7-D276A3851AE0.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 9B955FB7-21F8-46CF-97BE-EA91192EEB31.jpeg
    9B955FB7-21F8-46CF-97BE-EA91192EEB31.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 28
Oh, I thought it has all arrived since you installed the new glow plug.
What I meant was... Does the unit currently have the older style 2 piece auger or the newer style one?
It may have come with the newer one or been previously replaced.
I was just wondering since you hadn't mentioned it.
Weber will sometimes send replacement augers when the newer style is already installed.

If it's all working now then you have spares.

Oh, I thought it has all arrived since you installed the new glow plug.
What I meant was... Does the unit currently have the older style 2 piece auger or the newer style one?
It may have come with the newer one or been previously replaced.
I was just wondering since you hadn't mentioned it.
Weber will sometimes send replacement augers when the newer style is already installed.

If it's all working now then you have spares.
I’m pretty sure it’s 2 piece auger. I picked this up almost a year ago. Haven’t done anything but a fuse and a glow plug.

Did the parts end up arriving and did you get them installed or just going to leave it now its working with the new plug?

They arrived, and I’m trying to decide whether or not to “fix” something that seems to be working properly again. The only thing is, right at the end of my cooking yesterday. I sent my done out to get the Mac n cheese off, I went out to shut it down and it had a temp drop notification. I had it set at 350, it was at 90. I was very low on pellets, so maybe it just kind of wasn’t feeding properly. I just shut her down, and put the cover on...raining here. Or it’s supposed to.

It it were me, I would leave it if they are the same parts as what you have in there now.

It’s not. The auger I have in there is original. I bought this on offer up, last Jan/Feb, it was sparkling new. Someone had done the initial burn in, I could tell by the thing sitting over the burn pot, but hadn’t cooked anything on it. It’s been a beast, and if it went away I’d be on the hunt for another one the same day!

It’s not. The auger I have in there is original. I bought this on offer up, last Jan/Feb, it was sparkling new. Someone had done the initial burn in, I could tell by the thing sitting over the burn pot, but hadn’t cooked anything on it. It’s been a beast, and if it went away I’d be on the hunt for another one the same day!
I know the auger isn’t easy for you to do, I will say though it made a HUGE difference for me!

Last edited:
Agreed. If its not the one piece auger I would be changing that sooner rather than later. The time will come when it fails.

Bribe your Son with a cookup after its done :-)

I’ll bribe him with tritip on the kettle. 😬

I’ll bribe him with tritip on the kettle. 😬
Yeah, based upon you posts here, you should have noooo problem getting a little favor for some of that fine food. The whole job takes maybe an hour for a novice. 😜

Yeah, based upon you posts here, you should have noooo problem getting a little favor for some of that fine food. The whole job takes maybe an hour for a novice. 😜
I had something like this happen after doing a short cook on Christmas day. I put it in shutdown and I think the auger kept spitting out pellets and there was a pile of them in the bottom that were smoking out the whole yard. This also was a rainy day and i think the felt seals are a little off where the firebox connects and that may have caused the issue too. it only happened that once but i believe this is before i did the retrofit auger. I have had some other issues and I think the pipe clamp glow plug "retrofit" will help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back