What does everyone think of their Smoke Fire now

Sorry, old chap, but grease fires are an unfortunate issue with the SF. Yes, keeping it clean is a necessity, but the SF is prone to grease fires regardless. You have simply been fortunate so tar.
Watch who you are calling old!!
Grease fires are an unfortunate issue with any grill if you don't know what you are doing.

For example... Here is a beloved Traeger up in flames.
Note the awesome grease management system at work!

1640903444499.png

Last edited:
You should see some of the grease fires I've had with my Spirit E-330 - not at all limited to the SF.

7A994E56-21BB-4E56-B7E2-75228B960D3E.jpeg
9D5D1D94-C31F-4A07-9B0B-E0EA16F7192F.jpeg
A6F76861-8792-448C-BE9A-BF69306B5B4F.jpeg

Two rec tech’s and a Louisiana. Shocking these defective grills are even sold with their flawed designs. Just shocking. 😳😳😳😳

I’ve replaced the thermocouple and the controller and still have issues. I’m actually monitoring the grill temp separately and see that there are wild swings in temps even though the co troller says everything is perfect. I wonder how many other people out there are not checking the actual cook temps and think everything is perfect. When I set mine to 225 the actual cook temp ranges from 180-205. I cannot cook a brisket at 225 because the temps are not high enough. Mine is going back. Really good customer service. Maybe in a couple of iterations I will pick one up. And I fully agree that for a $1000+ grill it shouldn’t take so much effort to use, and shouldn’t have to be replacing parts. What’s going to happen to this in 4-5 years time when the warranty is over? Throw away and buy new?
I'm still trouble shooting my issues, I'm also a Canuck and although the first couple of cooks went well the last couple of months I've had massive temp swings I think worse than yours if your temps were in F. My temp swings were from 380-500F for a set temp of 460 F monitored with a separate thermometer like you! Granted it was -15 C outside but still my temp swings a month back were still crazy and it wasn't below zero. Thankfully customer service has been working with me and currently are sending me a new thermocouple like you. If this doesn't fix the problem I think I'll have to send mine back as well.

I'm still trouble shooting my issues, I'm also a Canuck and although the first couple of cooks went well the last couple of months I've had massive temp swings I think worse than yours if your temps were in F. My temp swings were from 380-500F for a set temp of 460 F monitored with a separate thermometer like you! Granted it was -15 C outside but still my temp swings a month back were still crazy and it wasn't below zero. Thankfully customer service has been working with me and currently are sending me a new thermocouple like you. If this doesn't fix the problem I think I'll have to send mine back as well.
Welcome!

What else have you and Weber tried to resolve it?

Latest Discussions

Back