Weber Contact Number terrible customer service

Mikel

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex4
Hey everyone, I'm new, brand new EX4 that shit the bed right after 1st use, weber customer service is - lame to say the least, used smoker 5 times, 5 out of 5, either goes to shutoff, or low temp detect, then screams back 250 degrees over setting- been 2 weeks now with them, finally Tom from weber, calls and leaves voicemails!! Strange phone right next to me, anyway a contact number, 866-949-2990, they still don't answer after 15 mins waiting I had enough of their incompetence-
Took Amazon 5 mins to issue a new unit! I'll try this 2nd one- won't be a 3rd!!

Return it and get a Searwood

A completely different, new and improved grill. Ranking #1 on many forums/websites.
Going with camp chef, made in USA , their customer service is unmatched and better design

Damn it , gotta cancel order , they're all made in china, except Yoder, Myron mixon and a few others
So you gonna spend 3-4K for a Yoder?

Last edited:
Looking at them texas smokers, few others

While I'm sorry this was your experience, I have never had an issue with Weber CS. I also have an EX4 and have had multiple parts fail. The auger bent, the auger motor went out, etc. They had me send some pictures of the broken/failed parts and sent me replacements fairly quickly. I am, however, not super impressed with the EX4. I've had too many grease fires and I keep it clean. Traegers don't give enough smoke flavor so I'm not sure what I'll get next

Depending on what you are looking at spending, I'd also recommend going with the Searwood.

Smokefire owners fall into two groups - frustrated and pissed-off over a smoker that doesn't work and customer service that can't help, or happy as a clam with a smoker that works like a charm. I'm sorry you're in the first and very happy to be in the second. I piddled around for two years researching smokers, from stick burners to barrels to pellet rigs and finally decided I wanted set-it-and-forget-it convenience, and something made in USA, so it came down to the Yoder YS640S or the Smokefire EX6. I went with the Smokefire because I didn't want to spend twice as much for the Yoder, because I could buy the Smokefire locally from a friend who owns an Ace Hardware, and because I've been a Weber kettle guy for forty years. But if I experienced the same crap you did I would definitely hesitate to put my trust in a Weber pellet rig again, even if it was a brand new model. Unfortunately there aren't many pellet rigs made in America that aren't really $$$$. Lone Star Grillz, Yoder, Pitts & Spitts at <$3000 and Blazn Grill Works and Smokin' Brothers at <$2000 all made my short list but not available locally.

FWIW, after two years and hundreds of cooks I recently spent $250 to upgrade the casters on my EX6 and add a bottom shelf from KZL Fabrication, which really stabilize the somewhat wobbly legs and are good investments in a rig that I hope continues to be reliable. The one issue I've had is that about every 6-8 cooks it won't start when I turn it on, but it starts right up every time after unplugging and re-plugging the power cord. Anyway, good luck with your search and read the reviews. As frustrated as you must be with your Smokefire experience, it's always fun shopping for a new cooker.

While I'm sorry this was your experience, I have never had an issue with Weber CS. I also have an EX4 and have had multiple parts fail. The auger bent, the auger motor went out, etc. They had me send some pictures of the broken/failed parts and sent me replacements fairly quickly. I am, however, not super impressed with the EX4. I've had too many grease fires and I keep it clean. Traegers don't give enough smoke flavor so I'm not sure what I'll get next
While researching pellet smokers I spent a lot of time in the Smokefire forums so I knew about grease fires (and all the problems with the Gen1 Smokefires), but the reviews on the Gen2 convinced me to take the plunge and I specifically went with the EX6 for one reason: it's big enough for my needs to do all my cooking on the top grate with drip pans on the bottom grate, so all I have to do is brush ash down to the bottom and into the ash drawer. As for smoke flavor, the Weber definitely gives you more than the Traeger, and I give it even more of a boost by sifting through wood chips for pieces small enough to go through the auger and mixing them in with the pellets... probably voids the warranty but I've done it dozens of times without a single jam or glitch and boy does it put out the smoke.

I know it's a hard ask but like others, I'd recommend a Searwood. There is a YouTube channel (Sambo's Place) that had similar issues with his Smokefire and switched out to the Searwood. Since then, he speaks highly of the Searwood and has produced tasty looking meats. This isn't necessarily a plug for his channel (he only has 1400 subs) but in one of his video's he discusses the difference's between the two models and why the Searwood is superior.

I have the smaller, regular sized Searwood and I love it. As I am typing this now, I have a tri-tip smoking away. Since I purchased the grill about 1.5 months ago, it has performed flawlessly. Initially using Weber pellets, I have switched to Bear Mountain mainly because it is more readily available to me (I have yet to find Lumberjack brand in the northern DFW area). Since purchasing, I have made a brisket, pork belly, and at least 5 racks of ribs as well as some grilled chicken (not including the aforementioned tri-tip) and all have come out perfect. During the overnight smoke on the brisket, the temperature remained constant with no dips. Obviously, I am in the Searwood camp and would recommend looking into it as a much better replacement for your Smokefire.

Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back