Weber Contact Number terrible customer service

While researching pellet smokers I spent a lot of time in the Smokefire forums so I knew about grease fires (and all the problems with the Gen1 Smokefires), but the reviews on the Gen2 convinced me to take the plunge and I specifically went with the EX6 for one reason: it's big enough for my needs to do all my cooking on the top grate with drip pans on the bottom grate, so all I have to do is brush ash down to the bottom and into the ash drawer. As for smoke flavor, the Weber definitely gives you more than the Traeger, and I give it even more of a boost by sifting through wood chips for pieces small enough to go through the auger and mixing them in with the pellets... probably voids the warranty but I've done it dozens of times without a single jam or glitch and boy does it put out the smoke.
You have to remember the Searwood is not a revised, hopped-up or modified EX6. It is a whole different species. Re-designed from the ground up.

While I'm sorry this was your experience, I have never had an issue with Weber CS. I also have an EX4 and have had multiple parts fail. The auger bent, the auger motor went out, etc. They had me send some pictures of the broken/failed parts and sent me replacements fairly quickly. I am, however, not super impressed with the EX4. I've had too many grease fires and I keep it clean. Traegers don't give enough smoke flavor so I'm not sure what I'll get ne

Hey everyone, I'm new, brand new EX4 that shit the bed right after 1st use, weber customer service is - lame to say the least, used smoker 5 times, 5 out of 5, either goes to shutoff, or low temp detect, then screams back 250 degrees over setting- been 2 weeks now with them, finally Tom from weber, calls and leaves voicemails!! Strange phone right next to me, anyway a contact number, 866-949-2990, they still don't answer after 15 mins waiting I had enough of their incompetence-
Took Amazon 5 mins to issue a new unit! I'll try this 2nd one- won't be a 3rd!!
UPDATE: Ditched Weber, went with Camp Chef DLX, I realized ALL these commercially sold smokers are made in China, Camp Chef is engineered designed in Utah and built in China, and they boast about customer service, and reviews reflect!! Yes I would love an American built Texas Pitt or Lone star or Yoda- but I need panhead parts too!😝

While I'm sorry this was your experience, I have never had an issue with Weber CS. I also have an EX4 and have had multiple parts fail. The auger bent, the auger motor went out, etc. They had me send some pictures of the broken/failed parts and sent me replacements fairly quickly. I am, however, not super impressed with the EX4. I've had too many grease fires and I keep it clean. Traegers don't give enough smoke flavor so I'm not sure what I'll get next
I'm going with Camp Chef DLX- waiting for this delivery- I just can't trust Weber, they brought too much grief and anxiety

Good luck, hope it works great for you. Weber customer service used to be fantastic. The ownership change seemed to impact that somewhat. They took care of the issues I had usually pretty quickly by shipping out replacement parts but did seem to take more back and forth than in past. I have lot of hours on my SmokeFire but recently decided was time to replace it.

Weber customer service used to be fantastic. The ownership change seemed to impact that somewhat. They took care of the issues I had usually pretty quickly by shipping out replacement parts but did seem to take more back and forth than in past.
That occured back in 2010. I've had several customer service calls since then and never had a problem.

I've had my Smokefire EX6 for 27 months and it has performed flawlessly through hundreds of cooks... ribs, brisket, frozen pizza, homemade pizza, home-cured bacon, mac & cheese, peach BBQ pit beans, and coincidentally I smoked a trip tip last night too and seared it on my trusty Weber kettle to finish. I've never had a flare-up, temperature issue, an auger jam or anything else and I'm still on my first glow plug (it came with two extras). It's as reliable a machine as any I have ever owned and eats any brand of pellet I feed it. In fact the only brand I haven't tried is Weber, and I routinely mix wood chips in with pellets for added smoke (I sift through bags of wood chips for pieces small enough to go through the auger... probably voids the warranty but boy does it ever put out great smoke).

I started looking for a dedicated smoker in 2019, put the purchase on hold during Covid and finally pulled the trigger a week before Memorial Day 2022. I made the purchase fully aware of the problems that plaugued the Gen1 Smokefires and am very happy that I waited for the Gen2 to be released, but I have several friends who have never had issues with their Gen1s. I might have chosen the Searwood too if it had been available... among my criteria were that it be made (or at least assembled) in the USA, but the clincher was that I was able to purchase it from a friend who owns the local Ace Hardware. They had it ordered, assembled and delivered to my driveway by Memorial Day weekend and it's been used 2-3 times a week ever since.

Glad you like your new rig but I won't be looking to replace my Smokefire any time soon, thank goodness!

That occured back in 2010. I've had several customer service calls since then and never had a problem.
True but they went public in 2021. Stock price drives companies to cut costs. Looks like the equity firm took back private in 2023 so hopefully back to the customer support they were known for.

No shame in moving on from a SmokeFire, I love mine but would not recommend it as a new smoker.
A Searwood possibly, sure, a Camp Chef Woodwind Pro definitely!!

You have to remember the Searwood is not a revised, hopped-up or modified EX6. It is a whole different species. Re-designed from the ground up.
Of course, but to be sure, Weber is still a relative newcomer to the pellet world. In any case I'm 100% satisfied with my EX6 and have no reason to replace it. You'd be surprised how similar some of these threads look like in the Traeger and Yoder forums. All these modern rigs have issues.
You have to remember the Searwood is not a revised, hopped-up or modified EX6. It is a whole different species. Re-designed from th

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back