SMOTM Ideas

I'm up for burger theme. And agree with Bruno that winner should pick the theme.

Me neither! My kid is always on me to do some. I saw somebody did a nice paella on here once. Looks like a great idea especially with the Weber griddle.
I must say a non seafood eater in the Bay Area is a travesty! 🤣 it is so hard to get great product here in the Midwest. Are you not a dungeness crab guy? Shrimp? Prawns? Scallops? I’m so jealous. 🤤

I must say a non seafood eater in the Bay Area is a travesty! 🤣 it is so hard to get great product here in the Midwest. Are you not a dungeness crab guy? Shrimp? Prawns? Scallops? I’m so jealous. 🤤
Trust me I’ve heard it my whole life. Some crazy baby sitter made me eat fried whole sardines when I was 6 and it's ruined it ever since.
My boys love seafood and especially my 9 year old, his favorite food is sushi and he’ll get down on some crazy stuff. I’m very proud!

Last edited:
Trust me I’ve heard it my whole life. Some crazy baby sitter made me eat fried whole sardines when I was 6 and it's ruined it ever since.
My boys love seafood and especially silly my 9 year old, his favorite food is sushi and he’ll get down on some crazy stuff. I’m very proud!
I was just busting chops. Glad to hear the rest of the family is enjoying the bounty. Those early impressionable experiences can be a drag for sure. I’m not sure I’d like whole fried sardines now let alone when I was 6! 😳

Me neither! My kid is always on me to do some. I saw somebody did a nice paella on here once. Looks like a great idea especially with the Weber griddle.
Mrs Grills and her family all devour seafood like a pride of lions tucking into lunch on the plains. I've tried but I just cannot get past the smell or texture of it. I'll occasionally eat a piece of cod or tuna but that's it.

The irony is I grew up by the sea and lived in Whitstable the oyster capital of the UK for 15 years!

Paella is a great choice, you could make the base up, take out your portion and add some fried Chorizo or similar to it before adding the seafood into theirs 😉

I do Paella quite regularly on mine, not keen on Calamari so leave it out, but this is the method I use for doing it on my Smokefire

I grew up in greys harbor county, in Washington state. Lots of trout bluegill, and salmon. Salmon my favorite. I like just about all seafood. Love fried oysters too. Shrimp is close second.

I grew up in greys harbor county, in Washington state. Lots of trout bluegill, and salmon. Salmon my favorite. I like just about all seafood. Love fried oysters too. Shrimp is close second.
I buy seafood, primarily salmon from a company called Wild Alaskan Company. Get deliveries of sockeye and coho every other month. Best product I’ve ever had. Great company with great mission and responsible. I’ve also bought quite a bit of other stuff like halibut, scallops, prawns, Dungeness and king crab.

Sorry to shill for them but I’m in the Midwest and it’s hard for us to find a good source. This stuff isn’t cheap but it’s next level when stacked up against the fish mongers in our area. Night and day. If that’s your jam, I’d highly recommend it. I’m not in any way affiliated and I think it’s money back if not happy. Anyway, pitch concluded

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back