Searwood - Weber Pellets Only?

The Weber pellets measure .215" while the Cabela's measure .255". You can easily see the difference.

Attachments

• 20240802_072328.jpg
    20240802_072328.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm a big fan of the Bear Mountain pellets. Academy normally has a good price or Amazon will have deals every now and then.
Tractor Supply has them from around $10 per 20 lb. I've stocked up on apple.

Lumber Jack won't tell me what other companies they make pellets for. They did tell me an Ace Hardware store about 20 miles from us carries Lumber Jack pellets, but we went there today since we were close doing some shopping and they said they haven't carried that brand for over a year. So I'm checking with the only other store in my area that might have them. Looks like I might just be stuck paying $20 for a 20lb bag of Weber pellets through Home Depot.com.

Lumber Jack won't tell me what other companies they make pellets for. They did tell me an Ace Hardware store about 20 miles from us carries Lumber Jack pellets, but we went there today since we were close doing some shopping and they said they haven't carried that brand for over a year. So I'm checking with the only other store in my area that might have them. Looks like I might just be stuck paying $20 for a 20lb bag of Weber pellets through Home Depot.com.
That unfortunate there is a store that’s about 30 minutes from me that stocks the 40lb bags of Lumberjack so I get 4 or 5 bags when go.

So I drove 30 mile round trip to the closest store that has Lumber Jack pellets yesterday and found that they jack up the prices on them to $16.99. So although I bought some so the trip wouldn't be a waste, I'll most likely just order the Weber pellets for$19.99 and free delivery in the future.

So to recap, the Cabela pellets are no longer made by Lumber Jack, and only the genuine Lumber Jack and Weber pellets are the smaller 5.5mm size.

So I drove 30 mile round trip to the closest store that has Lumber Jack pellets yesterday and found that they jack up the prices on them to $16.99. So although I bought some so the trip wouldn't be a waste, I'll most likely just order the Weber pellets for$19.99 and free delivery in the future.

So to recap, the Cabela pellets are no longer made by Lumber Jack, and only the genuine Lumber Jack and Weber pellets are the smaller 5.5mm size.
You have confirmation from an actual source that they are no longer made by Lumberjack?

Could be that they request a different diameter pellet for their Cabela's branded stuff just like they have their own blends which were always different than what the off the shelf Lumberjack blends were.

You have confirmation from an actual source that they are no longer made by Lumberjack?

Could be that they request a different diameter pellet for their Cabela's branded stuff just like they have their own blends which were always different than what the off the shelf Lumberjack blends were.
I don't think so. Lumber Jack told me they only use a 5.5mm die. The Cabela's are now 6.5mm like most every other brand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back