Searwood Not Reaching Temp

First place it near the Weber probe. Second, I’d use multiple thermometers to verify it’s the grill and not your thermo. Lastly, if that bears out, I’m sure Weber will figure it out. Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope it’s something small or easy.
If I may offer a suggestion......get rid of that useless analog thermometer you are using and invest in a more reliable digital one. Check out thermoworks.com, they usually run sales on the Dot (reasonable and accurate). That should be your starting point. Not saying the Searwood can't be off but your thermometer is not helping you much. Hope you get it figured out. Smoke on!

Last edited:
The variable temperature is what gives the bbq a smoke profile. The industry for the most part has abandon constant temperature with mean temperatures. If it’s 20 degrees and not 200 I’d say there is no issue. Adjust and continue. There are dozens of variables at play in bbq. Cheers
You hit the nail on the head! You can't cook by time or expect the grill/smoker to run at your set temp. No different than your home oven. Temps vary (to some degree). I had the same issues with my Grilla OG. The company sent me replacements for the temp probe and control board after much time spent on the phone troubleshooting the issue to no avail. Different pellets made no difference. I learned the grill and lived with it, end of story. Actually not the end.....I got rid of the grill! LOL I am in the process of deciding what to replace it with. I have 3 on my mind with Searwood as one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back