Casters On Searwood

Yes, I installed casters from Amazon before I even fired up my Searwood 600 for the first time. A simple press of the lever with your foot lifts up the Searwood leg(s) so you can move on the casters and front wheels. 4 in the box but of course you only need 2. I used the included template, drilled 4 holes in each leg and used stainless steel bolts, washers, and locknuts. I'm very happy with these casters, and now my Searwood is very easy to move around and then stays put on its legs when you lift the lever(s). Shame on Weber for making customers wrestle this beast of a grill on 2 plastic wheels.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V6X2LNB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Yes, I installed casters from Amazon before I even fired up my Searwood 600 for the first time. A simple press of the lever with your foot lifts up the Searwood leg(s) so you can move on the casters and front wheels. 4 in the box but of course you only need 2. I used the included template, drilled 4 holes in each leg and used stainless steel bolts, washers, and locknuts. I'm very happy with these casters, and now my Searwood is very easy to move around and then stays put on its legs when you lift the lever(s). Shame on Weber for making customers wrestle this beast of a grill on 2 plastic wheels.
Thanks so much.

I had the same idea but the casters I got on Amazon did not fit. Which size in the Amazon link did you use?

I ordered and installed the smallest weight capacity -- 300 kg (660 lb). The official Amazon description is: "

SOLEJAZZ Workbench Caster kit 660 LBS Heavy Duty Retractable Casters Workbench Wheels All Steel Construction Urethane, Bonus Install Template, 4 Casters"​

Thank you very much for posting your solution. This is a major design flaw of Weber to not have used two extra wheels. I’m going to give your solution a try. You mentioned you used the included template. Is that the template that comes with the casters? If you can add a quick iPhone pic, that would be greatly appreciated! Again, thanks so much.

As time permits would mind posting a quick photo. Thanks again.
Hi. I was wondering if you ever installed the extra two wheels on your Weber Searwood 600 grill? I’ve ordered the recommended casters from Amazon and was wondering if you had any challenges? Thanks for letting us know.

Here are a couple of photos. Besides wrestling with the heft of the Searwood, the only challenge was deciding where to drill holes in the legs; we had to avoid a conflict with the Searwood screws. I hope the photos will help. As I recall, the hardware that was packed with the casters was not suited for this application, so I bought the correct size stainless steel hardware at Ace Hardware.
AA13DBCA-58D5-41F4-BEDC-85DBD5C56C89_1_105_c.webp
IMG_6212.webp
IMG_6213.webp

Perfect. I ordered the wheels from Amazon today. Thanks for the photos, they are very helpful. I also appreciate the tip on the hardware!

Excellent! Thanks to the OP for posting this information. I too was interested in installing wheels on the Searwood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back