Other grilling/cooking thread.(Not SmokeFire)

Hello
I have a quick question, using my sf4 all the time, I’m wondering if I should get a Kamado for the quick sear cooking.
any opinions on that ?
thanks

Hello
I have a quick question, using my sf4 all the time, I’m wondering if I should get a Kamado for the quick sear cooking.
any opinions on that ?
thanks
If you can comfortably afford it I say the more the merrier. That said, the Smokefire is pretty darn good at searing. Not quite charcoal level but it’s definitely adequate.

If you can comfortably afford it I say the more the merrier. That said, the Smokefire is pretty darn good at searing. Not quite charcoal level but it’s definitely adequate.
the searing is perfect for me on the SF , but if you're going quick there is no flavor , and sometimes you don't want to fo reverse sear .
I'm thinking of adding a Joe junior

the searing is perfect for me on the SF , but if you're going quick there is no flavor , and sometimes you don't want to fo reverse sear .
I'm thinking of adding a Joe junior
What do you mean no flavor? You mean smoke infusion? It would be the same on a kamados. A properly constructed hot fire on any charcoal grill using lump charcoal should burn totally clean. Many people bake bread and what not on them. It’s only when you burn a dirty fire do you get any real smoke. Technically, the kamados snuff the fire at lower temps.

Not opposed to the added cooker but do not follow your logic. 🤷🏼‍♂️

What do you mean no flavor? You mean smoke infusion? It would be the same on a kamados. A properly constructed hot fire on any charcoal grill using lump charcoal should burn totally clean. Many people bake bread and what not on them. It’s only when you burn a dirty fire do you get any real smoke. Technically, the kamados snuff the fire at lower temps.

Not opposed to the added cooker but do not follow your logic. 🤷🏼‍♂️
hello ,
thanks for the clarification , what i saw is that some people are mixing the lump with some tasty wood , that would be perfect to get a bit of smoky flavor or is there a way to do that on the SF without the 15mn smokeboost ?

hello ,
thanks for the clarification , what i saw is that some people are mixing the lump with some tasty wood , that would be perfect to get a bit of smoky flavor or is there a way to do that on the SF without the 15mn smokeboost ?
Hey, go for it. I’m not sure how much you’ll get out of it, but I think if you take the plunge we will find out. 😁

Latest Discussions

Back