First cooks

I did a burger night #1 but that doesnt really count.

Today was brisket. Small guy on there for 7 hours at 250.

Results were fantastic, and i give fill credit to the grill. View attachment 142
That looks perfect! Did you wrap in paper or foil or just let it go naked? Great looking bark and I can see the juices.

My first cook was a couple fat filet mignon. straight up at 525° turned out great although I could have done another minute on it. Maybe two. Going to try as slab of ribs or a small brisket Wednesday or Thursday. Definitely hoping I stay one of the trouble free members here. 🤞🤞🤞

Just finished a 5 hour rib cook at 250. Removed the pellet screen yesterday and have not had a single problem since. Temp stayed at 250 the entire time except for when I would open the lid but recovered quickly.

Attachments

• 38CF3270-9D90-4FCB-907C-511B024C81D3.jpeg
    38CF3270-9D90-4FCB-907C-511B024C81D3.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 64
Naked to start...up to 165....then foil to 195.

I'll prolly lose some smoking cred here, but it was my first brisket. New smoker and new meat. Ecstatic is turned out.
No cred lost, looks perfect. Impressed that it was your first time. Obviously you read how to do it and the grill did its thing.

I went turkey breasts for first cook, then a pork shoulder today. Both tuned out good. Was my first attempt at pulled pork.

Just finished a 5 hour rib cook at 250. Removed the pellet screen yesterday and have not had a single problem since. Temp stayed at 250 the entire time except for when I would open the lid but recovered quickly.
Did you to manually “stir” the pellets from time to time to be sure that they didn’t create a hollow and quit feeding the auger? I’m hoping not. We shouldn’t need to babysit the pellet hopper.
Your ribs looks great by the way. 🙂

Did you to manually “stir” the pellets from time to time to be sure that they didn’t create a hollow and quit feeding the auger? I’m hoping not. We shouldn’t need to babysit the pellet hopper.
Your ribs looks great by the way. 🙂
Not gonna lie! I pushed them around a few times checking for a hollow area but never found one.

Thanks. I get that we don’t know for sure that you moving the pellets around made any difference.

With all of the engineering that went into this grill, the user should not need to agitate the pellets to keep the cook going. Time will tell. I’m not concerned or surprised about it requiring software tweaks here and there to squash some bugs but the hardware issues are concerning me. I have had an EX6 on order since December and I don’t want to have to “MacGiver “ a brand new grill. I’m on the fence about cancelling my order.

I’m glad that things are working for you and your food looks terrific.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back