Disappointed

Well I am still disappointed. One step forward and two back it seems. Installed new chute and auger assembly on Saturday and controller froze on Sunday during a cook. This is the second time. Called weber again today and was told to remove and reinstall app then update grill. I once again am sceptical and think that I either need a new controller or they have programming issues. Asked them at what point I could stop being a test subject and if I got a lemon they could send me a new one or give me my money back. I really want this to work but I am running out of patience. I own a Weber Gas and charcoal grill and its their biggest customers that they are disappointing. I hope you are listening Weber.

I'd say get your money back, lose the stress and wait for awhile. See if Weber comes out with a complete redesign and working app instead of these band aids. Also rumor on some boards is that RecTec may be coming out with a new grill. If any good comes about this, maybe the other grill makers will incorporate some of the few, but good, things about the SmokeFire into their grills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back