Check this out...

So I did ask Weber about the glow plug and I was told it only comes on to light the pellets. If they go out it will not come on again. I have had my share of issues and I found that using Weber pellets made a big difference and I also have a new auger on the way. I wonder if people who have the new auger are having better luck using other pellets.
Let me know if you get a auger or a auger tube please ? I just received the tube

I think the chute should rest on the flavorizer bracket, not be under it. This would give a steeper angle to the cute. See Trendkills maintenance video.

The other thing I noticed in your initial picture, your flavorizer support rail is pushing down on your pellet slide creating a gap in the burn pot cover plate down in the front. I don't know that it will fix anything you're seeing but I noticed the same thing on mine while I was inspecting everything after I did my initial burn in. Trendkill talks about it in his cleaning video he posted earlier this week

Thank you! The flavorizer support rail was definitely not on it's track. Just checked my auger, Rev D! :mad:

UPDATE: I shop-vac'd all of the Traeger pellets out of the pot, chute, bottom of the grill and hopper.

Put in my trusty GMG pellets and the grill got up to 600 in update 12 minutes.

UPDATE: I shop-vac'd all of the Traeger pellets out of the pot, chute, bottom of the grill and hopper.

Put in my trusty GMG pellets and the grill got up to 600 in update 12 minutes.
I have been using the cheap Pit Boss pellets. I was advised by a pellet grill guy that’s been at this since the first pellet grill hit the market to switch to Lumberjack brand real hard wood pellets. No residue dust and real hard wood flavor. He said I will instantly see better results with better flame and better flavor. Mine arrived today and I will advise how they cook this weekend. I too will be vacuuming out all the left over residue.

My fan now runs 24/7 once I start the grill. Has anyone heard of this issue?

I just got off the phone with Weber, they are shipping me out a new auger and the hopper accessory.

She said she will look into the fan issue.

:whistle:

My fan now runs 24/7 once I start the grill. Has anyone heard of this issue?

I just got off the phone with Weber, they are shipping me out a new auger and the hopper accessory.

She said she will look into the fan issue.

:whistle:
That is an odd response in my opinion. Almost like, hey my engine is reving no stop.........OK we will look into that and but heres some tires and an oil change....lol.
Is it holding any kinds of temps like that? Just curious is the PID could even figure that variable out.

That is an odd response in my opinion. Almost like, hey my engine is reving no stop.........OK we will look into that and but heres some tires and an oil change....lol.
Is it holding any kinds of temps like that? Just curious is the PID could even figure that variable out.

It hasn't been super consistent since this has started happening.

I had pizzas on at 425 yesterday and it wasn't getting past 350. I had to set it at 600 just to get the temp to rise.

Today I grilled chicken at 350 and it was fairly steady but would start to raise way past 350. I would just open up the lid to flip anyways and to let some heat out. (Again, the fan continuing to blow full blast.)

Gonna keep playing with it.

Last edited:
Some more updates for ya'll:

I've replaced my auger with Rev. F and I've also installed the hopper mod.

I've had many, many successful and awesome cooks, but I still get anomalies from time to time.

Today I was doing a simple burger cook. I set the temp to 375. It got there quickly. I threw my burgers on and within about 4 minutes the temp started to slowly drop. I figured I would let it keep going to see if it would fix itself. By now it was at 200 and it was getting very smokey. I removed the grates and deflectors and knocked some pellets out of the fire pot. It seemed as if that was enough to let some oxygen in for the pellets to reignite. Temp started to go back up and the fan was on full blast. Even when the grill reached temp at 375 again, the fan was at full blast. I had to set the temp down to 200 for the fan to actually settle down. Pretty frustrating. I didn't want to do a shut down and reboot because I had hungry humans waiting for their burgers. Really hoping for some software/firmware updates in the near future.

Last edited:
Some more updates for ya'll:

I've replaced my auger with Rev. F and I've also installed the hopper mod.

I've had many, many successful and awesome cooks, but I still get anomalies from time to time.

Today I was doing a simple burger cook. I set the temp to 375. It got there quickly. I threw my burgers on and within about 4 minutes the temp started to slowly drop. I figured I would let it keep going to see if it would fix itself. By now it was at 200 and it was getting very smokey. I removed the grates and deflectors and knocked some pellets out of the fire pot. It seemed as if that was enough to let some oxygen in for the pellets to reignite. Temp started to go back up and the fan was on full blast. Even when the grill reached temp at 375 again, the fan was at full blast. I had to set the temp down to 200 for the fan to actually settle down. Pretty frustrating. I didn't want to do a shut down and reboot because I had hungry humans waiting for their burgers. Really hoping for some software/firmware updates in the near future.
Check this YouTuber, there seems to be a firmware update. (Link) could not find anything else yet though.

Last edited:
I find this a issue myself. I like to get the smoker hot so I can clean the grates before I smoke. I usually set the temperature at 400 just enough to burn off any residue left from the last smoke. Then when I turn it down to my smoking temperature say 250 it will drop down to 185 or so and linger there. So I have to bump the temperature up to restart the fan. Once I do that it settles to my desired temperature. Weird?!? 💨🔥

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back