Any Probes Compatible With Searwoods Which Are More Accurate Than The Standard Ones?

Slapshot

Reaction score
Grill
Weber Master Touch
As I continue to use my Searwood, which I am extremely happy with, the standard (provided) probe seems less than truly accurate. For best results, I've had to keep checking the meat with a good digital thermometer. This really eliminates one of the great features of the grill/smoker, which is being able to monitor this with your phone instead of having to check regularly with my hand held digital thermometer. Are there any non-Weber probes available that would work in place of them and allow the app to continue to work?

If not, are there any aftermarket probes which aren't mega expensive which you could track with an app on your phone?

Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

As I continue to use my Searwood, which I am extremely happy with, the standard (provided) probe seems less than truly accurate. For best results, I've had to keep checking the meat with a good digital thermometer. This really eliminates one of the great features of the grill/smoker, which is being able to monitor this with your phone instead of having to check regularly with my hand held digital thermometer. Are there any non-Weber probes available that would work in place of them and allow the app to continue to work?

If not, are there any aftermarket probes which aren't mega expensive which you could track with an app on your phone?

ThermoWorks has great products. All accurate with all price ranges.
Square Dot is reasonable, the WiFi Signals model is high end WiFi that I use with Bellows fan on my ceramic charcoal cooker to control temp of the grill (obviously not needed for SearWood)

Check out thermoworks.com they have excellent probes of all types and sizes. If you're not in a hurry Thermoworks always has sales on their products so wait for the one on probes (Black Friday?). I have a few of their thermometers and probes and I am very happy with them, extremely accurate! The probes will work on your Searwood. If it's a few degrees off either way, you should be able to adjust that in your settings (I think). Good luck!

Reactions: DrT
I have an original pre-Weber iGrill2 that I use to test temps on my Smokefire every couple months, along with a commercial oven thermometer and a Meater probe. Remember that temps are conrolled by a PID that is set to run within tolerances, usually about +/- five to ten degrees. Having several sources is also a great way to check your rig for hot spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back