🔥 What's cooking on your SmokeFire/Searwood? 🥩

Looking to do some reverse seared pork chops (trimmed from a 10 lb loin).

225 with Weber Hickory Pellets. So for my left to right temps are more stable than they have ever been. I’m guessing it is the new app update. Pictures coming when I open to spray at 1 hr.

Attachments

• C5D8CB21-7422-4015-B0D5-5179827C5719.jpeg
    C5D8CB21-7422-4015-B0D5-5179827C5719.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 73
  • BDC76A22-2967-4001-A475-BD605C6D7456.jpeg
    BDC76A22-2967-4001-A475-BD605C6D7456.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 68
Off the wall question...Has anyone tried a long cook in the rain? Any issues?

I need my wife to give me the ingredients for the rub. I will post tomorrow. Run at 200 until 130 internal and then 250 until bark is nice and dark. Wrap and finish until 203 internal at 275.
I always salt my meat and let it sweat and then rub so I don't use a binder. I can vary the salt for the size meat, so my rub doesn't have salt in it.
Brisket Rub
1tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp onion powder
2tbsp mustard (ground)
1/4 cup ground black pepper
1tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/3 cup chili powder
1/3 cup brown sugar packed
1tbsp paprika
2 tbsp cumin ground

Reverse seared these. Cooked m until 110F got m off Smokefire to 600F and 30 x 30 x 30 x 30 sec seasoned them with hardcore carnivore black. If you never tried that rub before I say order it yesterday 😂 That stuff is soooooooo good on steaks.
nice.

I always salt my meat and let it sweat and then rub so I don't use a binder. I can vary the salt for the size meat, so my rub doesn't have salt in it.
Brisket Rub
1tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp onion powder
2tbsp mustard (ground)
1/4 cup ground black pepper
1tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/3 cup chili powder
1/3 cup brown sugar packed
1tbsp paprika
2 tbsp cumin ground
Thank you!

Off the wall question...Has anyone tried a long cook in the rain? Any issues?
I haven’t yet but Weber support told me the controller is weatherproof and can be used in the rain. I’d think you’d want to use a GFCI outlet. I’m guessing depending on how cold of a rain would use more fuel to keep temps ups.

I haven’t yet but Weber support told me the controller is weatherproof and can be used in the rain. I’d think you’d want to use a GFCI outlet. I’m guessing depending on how cold of a rain would use more fuel to keep temps ups.
That’s what I’m thinking. I’m definitely on GFCI, know a thing or two about electric :) I was more concerned maybe with water infiltration into the hopper or the barrel itself. Seems like it should be ok, but I’m going to put a weight on the lid just in case there are any wind gusts. Would be nice if there was a latch on the lid. Haven’t had any issues in windy conditions on one of my cooks but with rain I’d hate for that water to interfere with pellets (and my cook!).

Ok so this is my first ever Brisket cook.... It’s only a 5 lb flat. I just used salt, pepper, and garlic for the rub. Cooked at 250 the whole time, only took about 6 hours. I didn’t wrap until it got to 170 and if I wasn’t trying to get it done faster I wouldn’t have wrapped. One of the kids had to work so I wrapped in foil until about 201 internal and probe tender. Didn’t really get a good bark but may have been better if I didn’t wrap it and had a little more time. But otherwise everyone loved it, my wife kept saying “It just melts in your mouth!!” So I’m happy with the first try and this smokefire doesn’t disappoint on the flavor!!! Also no issues with the new pellet insert, I didn’t move the pellets the whole time and it worked good.
BEF3D1CB-0CA1-4B65-951B-BC95EB074ED6.jpeg
09F2A0D0-EC5D-4708-984B-74A094F65C2C.jpeg
B802D960-FAB2-4115-A4FE-48260144F517.jpeg

Ok so this is my first ever Brisket cook.... It’s only a 5 lb flat. I just used salt, pepper, and garlic for the rub. Cooked at 250 the whole time, only took about 6 hours. I didn’t wrap until it got to 170 and if I wasn’t trying to get it done faster I wouldn’t have wrapped. One of the kids had to work so I wrapped in foil until about 201 internal and probe tender. Didn’t really get a good bark but may have been better if I didn’t wrap it and had a little more time. But otherwise everyone loved it, my wife kept saying “It just melts in your mouth!!” So I’m happy with the first try and this smokefire doesn’t disappoint on the flavor!!! Also no issues with the new pellet insert, I didn’t move the pellets the whole time and it worked good. View attachment 468View attachment 469View attachment 470
Looks so tasty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back