Weber Slate

shiner

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EPX6, WSM 22, MT 22 Ocean Blue, MT 22 Slate
Has anyone heard of a release date for the new Weber Slate griddles? Looking to upgrade from a Blackstone that has been less than impressive.

I have not. I really like the design over their first generation griddles.

In case anyone hasn't seen this, it's the introduction video from Weber:

This rust proof griddle has me very intrigued.

Do people think the top on the Weber Slate Version is the same as the Carbon Steel version Full Griddle insert for the Weber Genesis or has the Slate version gone through a further treatment to make it rust resistant?

Have not used this new model, but their old ones are great performers. The fact they kept or improved the performance and added all kinds of value with the improved design and upgraded components makes them a no brainer. I have a fairly new Traeger flat top but would very likely buy one of these new Webers if I were an avid griddler. Winners!

The new Slate 30" and 36" models are available to order from the Ace Hardware and Home Depot sites. I purchase the 30" Slate Ace Hardware exclusive model for Ace Hardware, and so far, I like it.

I did, I had a Blackstone 22" Table-top 2-burner griddle. Used it so much, I mounted it on a folding cart. I started looking at bigger griddles and almost bought the Traeger 30" griddle because I already have a Traeger Ironwood 650 smoker, but was having a hard time with the $899 price tag. Saw a video on the 30" Slate and waited for a few reviews before pulling the trigger on the Slate.

That's great to know, I was wondering how the new Slate compared to other griddles in the real world. I'm real close to picking one up, just waiting for some more reviews to come out.

Did you watch the review and first cook 'The Flat Top King' posted on YouTube?

Here is his review and test video of the Slate:
Here is his 'Big Breakfast' video:

After seeing his review and cook, I placed my order.

Latest Discussions

Back