smokeboost additions software

I have 3 thermopens, a smoke, and a signals and always check...im not saying I myself have an issue here..I am simply stating a fact the the SF controller is reading high. And this could be a problem for someone who does trust those probes...

Think about it this way, if the unit was reading 4* low instead of 4* high and u were using that to cook your nice thick steak to medium rare..if it read 4* low your 135 medium rare steak is now a medium steak. You wouldn't accept an over cooked steak from a steak house. 4* is significant when talking food temps.
I totally agree it’s significant in that sort of circumstance. That’s why it’s really bad practice to rely on stick and stay thermos for accurate readings. I for years on this unit and many others have used them for rough readings and always set them 5-10 degrees lower than my desired finish temp. I do think it’s just a difference in philosophy sorta. I also would obviously acknowledge it would be better if the readings were perfectly accurate. I just don't see it bothering me personally. I don’t use stick and stay thermos above 300 degrees anyway. The wires will too easily get ruined. So for a steak, it’d be on a reverse sear and I’m finishing with a pen.

For the record, I would almost surely eat the steak that’s 4 degrees over rather than wait for a new one to be cooked. It would have to be 10 degrees or more for me to not eat it and even then, having it recooked whilst my party is eating is more offensive to my enjoyment than is the temp. I am a rare to mid rare guy BTW.

I would just reiterate that I agree it would obviously be better for the thermo to read perfectly. I just personally do not utilize them in any critical manner so it’s not a factor for me personally. I use them solely as a rough monitor of the progress of my cook. I’m sure others will disagree. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I love my ex4, I love the smokeboost feature, in smokeboost it doesnt moniter grill temp. please add this. may some ppl dont care about this but I know im not alone. I dont want to have to plugin probe for this.
If you set a timer, go to the timer in the app, on iOS anyway, the set point and grill temp are displayed at the bottom of the timer graphic.

Latest Discussions

Back