Motor Failure (E7)

I have a new motherboard and auger and motor assembly, not even open, I got the new searwood If you give me an address to send it to you can have it for free
BrettJa; If JB207 does not take you up on that, I'll raise my hand. The motor/auger assembly has been on back order for almost 2 months and I still can't use my grill. o_O

BrettJa; If JB207 does not take you up on that, I'll raise my hand. The motor/auger assembly has been on back order for almost 2 months and I still can't use my grill. o_O
Well I'll give him till noon my time to respond, If not it's yours

I got the motor failure error and have the same sad story. That was 13 days ago. I was told the part was under warranty and I would receive a new motor in "7 to 10 days". Well, the rep I talked to failed to place the order. I called again and this rep said he would forward the case to the correct department and I would receive an order number to track by end of day. Of course, that didn't happen either. 7 to 10 days is now going on 14. Good thing I'm not hosting for the holiday.
Thanks for letting me vent.....
BrettJA, if you still have that part, I'd be interested.

I got the motor failure error and have the same sad story. That was 13 days ago. I was told the part was under warranty and I would receive a new motor in "7 to 10 days". Well, the rep I talked to failed to place the order. I called again and this rep said he would forward the case to the correct department and I would receive an order number to track by end of day. Of course, that didn't happen either. 7 to 10 days is now going on 14. Good thing I'm not hosting for the holiday.
Thanks for letting me vent.....
BrettJA, if you still have that part, I'd be interested.
Still have it

I received a new motor under warranty today and replaced the existing motor and put it all back together. It is working fine. However, they sent me the entire assembly (motor and chute) and not just the motor. Replacing the entire assembly requires complete removal of the pellet hopper. Lots of extra work.
Did anyone else with this issue get the entire assembly? Do I really need to replace the chute too?

Always best to change everything they sent you. Not sure which chute you had but that was one of the biggest improvements to the SmokeFire.

Always best to change everything they sent you. Not sure which chute you had but that was one of the biggest improvements to the SmokeFire.
Agreed if you have the original 2 piece chute 100% replace it. If not, odd they sent a new chute as well.

Received the E7 error message last Monday and finally had time to deal with the corrective actions. Did all the steps requested on the website and still not fixed. Sent a message to Weber today. I think the warranty for the motor expired in March of 2024. We shall see if Weber will replace the motor. I have not been able to find just the motor anywhere online. I only found one place that has the motor, and they have the entire assembly W/chute for $174 plus shipping. Glad I have a Kettle, WSM and a gasser as back up grills.

Received the E7 error message last Monday and finally had time to deal with the corrective actions. Did all the steps requested on the website and still not fixed. Sent a message to Weber today. I think the warranty for the motor expired in March of 2024. We shall see if Weber will replace the motor. I have not been able to find just the motor anywhere online. I only found one place that has the motor, and they have the entire assembly W/chute for $174 plus shipping. Glad I have a Kettle, WSM and a gasser as back up grills.
Hopefully they’ll send you one. They told me mine was out of warranty but still sent me a new motor few months ago.

Hopefully they’ll send you one. They told me mine was out of warranty but still sent me a new motor few months ago.
I got an email today that a new motor for me would be $189 and change “plus tax and shipping”. That seems ridiculously high for a motor. I guess I got mine in January of 2021.

Latest Discussions

Back