Huge temp swings

Just to let everyone know, about a moth after getting the Smokefire I wrote a glowing review on Webers site. I liked everything about it. I liked the flavor I er bars , just like my gas grill, I liked the wide temperature range, I liked the uneven heat, I could move my food around for results I wanted. But, I don’t like the fact that my grill has been unusable since July 3rd. I don’t like that I went through everything customer service told me to do and it still is unusable. I don’t like the fact that customer service has given up. I came on this forum as a last resort and it does not look like any help here. Thanks.

Well your credibility just went out the window. Grill was purchased from Ace Hardware. They assembled, no pellet guard. What pellet grills have you owned in the past?
You are trusting the stellar assembly team at ACE?
There goes your credibility.
Perhaps you need to go back to a Traeger since you are so familiar with them.

Ya - mine was assembled by Ace. I specifically told them to leave it in the box when I ordered it. When I arrived, they had it all assembled 'as a courtesy'. A lot of assembly errors that took some time to sort out, but all is well at this point.

Ya - mine was assembled by Ace. I specifically told them to leave it in the box when I ordered it. When I arrived, they had it all assembled 'as a courtesy'. A lot of assembly errors that took some time to sort out, but all is well at this point.
Forget that!
I would have refused it and got another.

Is this a Gen 1 or Gen 2 SF? You could have a bad cotter pin. You should ask customer service to send you a new aguar.

I took your advice. I gave away my piece of cr-p Weber Smokefire and got a new Traeger. The Traeger won’t do everything the Weber would, but at least it is dependable and they have a real customer service department.

Sorry to hear you gave up on the Smokefire.
It truly is the best pellet smoker on the market.

I agree, when it works. I liked everything about the grill until it didn’t work and I got basically no help from Weber. Did they sell out to a different company? Their customer service reputation was why I was willing to try the Smokefire.

I don't believe they have. It unfortunate what you went through. I have never had a problem with customer service.

Was it always Weber-Stephens Products? I think that’s new.

It was founded by Stephen. However, BDP Partners, an investment firm, bought all the stock in 2023 and took it private.

I took your advice. I gave away my piece of cr-p Weber Smokefire and got a new Traeger. The Traeger won’t do everything the Weber would, but at least it is dependable and they have a real customer service department.
Wow.. You gave up on that fight pretty easy.
Is that how you solve all your problems?

You must have really cheaped out if you got one that can't do what the SF does.
I just hope you didn't let ACE assemble it for you or you will have to join the Meat Church group and be as nice to them as you were to us in here.

I will leave you with 3 important things to remember as you embark on you new and exciting journey..

1: The Traeger's of today are not built like the ones you had for the past 20 years (especially since you got a cheap one).

2: If you haven't already, buy everything YETI makes.

And probably the most important one..

3: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

One cool thing about this group is we are always respectful towards each other. As I have previously stated it is unfortunate you have had this experience with Weber Customer Service. From my experience customer service has gone above and beyond. Sorry to see you leave the smoke fire nation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back