First Go With The Weber Elevations Tiered Grilling System And Some Lebanese Kebabs

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Bought the Weber Elevations Tiered Grilling System as I enjoy kebabs/kebobs etc. It was designed for the Spirit and Genesis grills, but fitted my EX4 perfectly and would fit in the EX6 no problems.

First time using it tonight on a breezy dark night, so was difficult to monitor colour of meat during cooking but they turned out pretty well as I cooked them to an IT of 165F, Took about 35-40 minutes at 350F started with 6 but ended up with 4 as 2 fell off the skewers but all part of the learning curve, put them on the skewers either to thick or to much moisture in the mixture, but that'll all come good with practice. Nice to be able to higher and lower them over the grill las needed and to turn them without the skewer spinning but not the meat.

Few photos of kebabs, and grilled Greek flatbreads and Tahini and this accessory for your Smokefire?

JNYU2204.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG

Great post!

Looks like this is one of them damn products that are not easy to obtain in the US. Some sketchy looking Amazon seller has 2 available.
I really like that and will pick one up one day.
Was just telling the wife I need to do more skewers.
I have some great Steven Reichlen ones I picked up years ago. Maybe I’ll do some chicken this weekend.
Thanks for the info!!

Looks like this is one of them damn products that are not easy to obtain in the US. Some sketchy looking Amazon seller has 2 available.
I really like that and will pick one up one day.
Was just telling the wife I need to do more skewers.
I have some great Steven Reichlen ones I picked up years ago. Maybe I’ll do some chicken this weekend.
Thanks for the info!!
Elevations was an item that didn’t take off for Weber for whatever reasons, so the discontinued the item. You can recreate the the system with any skewers and a couple props to elevate the skewers off the grid. Could be balled up foil or some heat deflectors off another Weber or some foil pans or even a couple bricks wrapped in foil. Those guys who have some old stock items that become popular after being 86’d can be ridiculous. Happy grilling.

Elevations was an item that didn’t take off for Weber for whatever reasons, so the discontinued the item. You can recreate the the system with any skewers and a couple props to elevate the skewers off the grid. Could be balled up foil or some heat deflectors off another Weber or some foil pans or even a couple bricks wrapped in foil. Those guys who have some old stock items that become popular after being 86’d can be ridiculous. Happy grilling.
It's a good little system but as you say, I'm sure something DIY'ed could be set up. You can buy the Weber skewers separately without the rack. They're very good solid and very long. I will probably add another set of 8 if needed in the future as the rack will hold at least 12 skewers probably sixteen

Haven't got it yet but you can buy an Expansion rack also to run along the top of it, to cook veg or as a warming rack if some cook skewers quicker than others.

Best cook I have done to appreciate how the flavorizer bars work and the finished flavour they give. For 30 minutes it was constant dripping fat from the skewers and hitting them and sending smoke back into the kebab from the minced beef and lamb, very tasty

Tried some Top Sirloin and Homemade Chimichurri Kebabs with it today and a Sweetcorn cob

Liking this bit of kit, still new to me and slightly overcooked the top sirloin steak bites, but once again practice makes perfect, worked really well with the Chimichurri, can see me getting a lot of use out of it over the summer, especially using it in daylight, rather than pitch black and just above freezing outside.

IMG_0712.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    442.4 KB · Views: 30
Tried some Top Sirloin and Homemade Chimichurri Kebabs with it today and a Sweetcorn cob

Liking this bit of kit, still new to me and slightly overcooked the top sirloin steak bites, but once again practice makes perfect, worked really well with the Chimichurri, can see me getting a lot of use out of it over the summer, especially using it in daylight, rather than pitch black and just above freezing outside.

View attachment 3559
This looks like quite a bit of fun! Enjoy!

Looks great!’ Im going to get into some kebabs soon. I have a bunch of stainless ones and am having a hard time ordering the elevations. I’ve read some are not happy with the sturdiness.

I’m looking for a good chicken marinade if anyone has one!
Thanks

Looks great!’ Im going to get into some kebabs soon. I have a bunch of stainless ones and am having a hard time ordering the elevations. I’ve read some are not happy with the sturdiness.

Thanks
Bruno, I always brine my chicken in sea salt, water and bay leaves for 12 hours first to ensure super juicy.

Are you looking for something for joints or a whole chicken?

Bruno, I always brine my chicken in sea salt, water and bay leaves for 12 hours first to ensure super juicy.

Are you looking for something for joints or a whole chicken?
I want to do some kebabs. Thanks

Looks fantastic!

Thanks
Weber do a kabob system (6606) on a rack system that lays flat on the grill rather and you lay the skewers across it.

I am finding this system is a perfect fit for my EX 4 and is very sturdy because of it as the sides of the Elevations system touch the sides of the EX4 with no wiggle room at all and is perfect height wise, just sits under the vents where the smoke comes out the back iyswim, haven't tried it on an Ex6 though but there would definitely be 12 inches of space between the sides of the EX6 and this system, but it is well made and should remain solid, if you decide to get one.

Bought it for the expansion element side of it as well, intending in investing in the rack and basket for it before the summer, to do things like chicken legs and vegetables as they can be put side by side along the top if needed, whilst doing the skewers below or as a warming rack if some skewers cook quicker than others.

Attachments

• weber_7615_pic04-550x550w.jpg
    weber_7615_pic04-550x550w.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 41
  • weber-7615.jpg
    weber-7615.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Bought the Weber Elevations Tiered Grilling System as I enjoy kebabs/kebobs etc. It was designed for the Spirit and Genesis grills, but fitted my EX4 perfectly and would fit in the EX6 no problems.

First time using it tonight on a breezy dark night, so was difficult to monitor colour of meat during cooking but they turned out pretty well as I cooked them to an IT of 165F, Took about 35-40 minutes at 350F started with 6 but ended up with 4 as 2 fell off the skewers but all part of the learning curve, put them on the skewers either to thick or to much moisture in the mixture, but that'll all come good with practice. Nice to be able to higher and lower them over the grill las needed and to turn them without the skewer spinning but not the meat.

Few photos of kebabs, and grilled Greek flatbreads and Tahini and this accessory for your Smokefire?

View attachment 3425

View attachment 3426View attachment 3427View attachment 3428
I’ve been wanting to do this...been on my (very long) to do list. Great pics.

I want to do some kebabs. Thanks
Sorry I haven't done kebabs on mine yet so couldn't help with a marinade.

Now if you want asian recipes for chicken thighs or breasts I'm your man. 😁

Chicken Shawarma Kebabs

Did these at 375F for 50 mins with the Weber ETGS today after marinating for 6 hours, using chicken thighs , very tasty, might coat the red onion with the marinade next time to protect the ends ones from going to crispy (although I still enjoyed them a little burnt)

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

Latest Discussions

Back