E7 Motor Failure

Had a new kitchen fitted January this year and I asked the qualified electrician who was doing part of the instillation and fitting a new RCD box, to check the outside switched socket and cable that was installed 2 years ago specifically for the Smokefire.

It passed all the tests and was working as it should, he was more than happy with it. I run all sorts of garden equipment and DIY tools off the same socket and not one of them has blown or shut off when in use.
Sounds like you’ve done exactly like I suggested already. Hopefully you can get it sorted. I feel for those who have a poor experience because I know how much I enjoy mine. Best wishes.

Sounds like you’ve done exactly like I suggested already. Hopefully you can get it sorted. I feel for those who have a poor experience because I know how much I enjoy mine. Best wishes.
Hate to be repetitive but I’m with JP, it’s sucks you guys have trouble with these things, mine has worked every time since the welded auger upgrade.
Hang in there, I would be beyond pissed if I prepped food that I couldn’t cook for guests. Send Weber an email and tell them to hook you up.

IMHO another reason why we need to be able to buy spare parts, warranty or no warranty.

I run my EX6 pretty much every night for dinner. I have had no issues since i got it for Fathers day in 2020. I did the replacements that everyone did early on and have been really happy. Does it seem to anyone else that since the last software upgrade we are seeing more motor failures? Also, my replacement is back ordered due to supply chain issues. I really hate cooking in the oven anymore :)

I’m still in the absolutely no issues camp. Like you said did the stuff during the growing pains two years ago and have been ecstatic ever since.

Back