Any Tips For Using My New Searwood?

Oh, and first and foremost, take off the wire "whatever" on top of the pellet well. It takes an allen wrench to remove the front screws, it will just fall of the back. Put the front screws back in. The wire gets in the way if you need to get vacuum nozzle down in there.

Well, after cooking burgers on the Kettle with real apple wood for decades, tried the Searwood with Bear Mountain apple pellets. Sorry Searwood, no more burgers for you! Back to the Kettle...much faster and much, much tastier!

Last edited:
Well, after cooking burgers on the Kettle with real apple wood for decades, tried the Searwood with Bear Mountain apple pellets. Sorry Searwood, no more burgers for you! Back to the Kettle...much faster and much, much tastier!
I don't think the classic Weber Kettle can be beat for burgers and steaks............I've used them for over forty years.

My first failed attempt was following all the recipies/links that said cook Baby Backs at 225 for 5.5 hours. BS!!! You should do 275. Those will be done in 5-5.5 hrs. And don't do the 3:2:1 either. I did not buy an expensive smoker to wrap up meat for 2 hrs.
I’ve done nothing but 3:2:1 ribs (at 250°…and even tinkered with SmokeBoost last time) on mine and they’ve been perfect every time…preference I guess, not really what OP was asking for.

I don't think the classic Weber Kettle can be beat for burgers and steaks............I've used them for over forty years.
Same here. Got my first kettle, 18" yellow-ish in 1979. Now on my second Performer. Pork chops in same category...not for smoking!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back