Temp control while cooking a cook box full of food

Onizuka

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire Stealth Edition
Hello,

I was wondering.. let say I have to fill up the box with pork spare ribs but given that the right side of the box is hotzone with higher temperature than the other side.. how do you guys overcome this to evenly cook large amount of food?

Hello,

I was wondering.. let say I have to fill up the box with pork spare ribs but given that the right side of the box is hotzone with higher temperature than the other side.. how do you guys overcome this to evenly cook large amount of food?
Lower temps have a lesser impact in my experience. You can get a wet kit they sell and place one or several in the cook box or you can just rotate the ribs right to left and top to bottom. Either way, usually any bbq protein will cook a little different because bbq is not baking and every cow or pig is slightly or considerably different in fat content and thickness of cut etc. roll with it. No big deal.

Lower temps have a lesser impact in my experience. You can get a wet kit they sell and place one or several in the cook box or you can just rotate the ribs right to left and top to bottom. Either way, usually any bbq protein will cook a little different because bbq is not baking and every cow or pig is slightly or considerably different in fat content and thickness of cut etc. roll with it. No big deal.
thanks for the input! planning on doing maybe 8 to 10 spare ribs if they can all fit in

I did 10 shoulders at one time on my EX6. They all finished at different times. The grill handled it better than I did. It took a while for it to get to temp with all that cold mass in there.

I did 10 shoulders at one time on my EX6. They all finished at different times. The grill handled it better than I did. It took a while for it to get to temp with all that cold mass in there.
I always recommend getting to temp and then loading as quickly as is practical. Shoulders/butts are a much larger heat sink compared to ribs. He should definitely see less temp loss with the ribs. I wouldn’t however be a bit surprised if some racks finish quicker than others.

Latest Discussions

Back