Sear grates for the Searwood 600

BlackAcid

Reaction score
Grill
Searwood 600
Hey All,

Just started working with the Searwood about a month ago and I'm interested in getting a sear grate for one side. Anybody know of the correct part(s) / accessories I would need, if it exists yet? I only have the Searwood 600, not the XL. Any guidance would be appreciated!!

Hey All,

Just started working with the Searwood about a month ago and I'm interested in getting a sear grate for one side. Anybody know of the correct part(s) / accessories I would need, if it exists yet? I only have the Searwood 600, not the XL. Any guidance would be appreciated!!
I have the Searwood 600 also. It's called Weber craft series. You purchase a ring insert in the grill area on one side of the 600, then you obtain the cast iron searing grill.
You will not have any issues obtaining wonderful sear marks.

I have a Searwood 600 and also a Spirit-320 and I use the cast-iron grates from my Spirit in the Searwood when I cook burgers and steaks. Crank up the heat to 550F or more and you get excellent searing. Just as good as the Spirit.

Just saw this at Costco yesterday, bet it would work great & it's almost 1/3 the cost of the Weber ones.

1000007971.jpg

Last edited:
Is the bottom grate for a SearWood the same as a SmokeFire? I had a full CI grate set from Weber that I loved for my SmokeFire. I also really like the look of that full size crafted grate they are selling.

I have a Searwood 600 and also a Spirit-320 and I use the cast-iron grates from my Spirit in the Searwood when I cook burgers and steaks. Crank up the heat to 550F or more and you get excellent searing. Just as good as the Spirit.
Agree 100%. I purchased the cast iron grates for the Spirit 300. They fit perfectly in the Searwood. They take this grill up a notch. The sear marks are significantly better. Stainless can’t compete. I’m going to spray them down with vegetable oil to keep them in good shape.

Latest Discussions

Back