New Genesis II E310 Quality Question

Chris999

Reaction score
Grill
Genesis II E310
Hi, I would value the opinion of forum members regarding a new Genesis II E310 I just bought.
After having disappointing BBQs previously I thought I'd buy the best and splash out on a Webber - expensive but you get what you pay for right?
Or do you? - I'm not so sure now. The inside of the cookbox has the same grey tectured coating as the outside of the cookbox on the left hand side but as you look around, across the rear to the right hand side the coating slowly diminishes to next to no coating at all. Frankly it looks cr@p!
Webber say its not intended to be coated inside the cookbox but for me the fact that one side is perfect and the rest not suggests they intended to coat the whole inside. Its too good on the left to just be overspray from the outside.
Can other members tell me how similar Webber grills are inside the cookboxfrom new please?

Hi, I would value the opinion of forum members regarding a new Genesis II E310 I just bought.
After having disappointing BBQs previously I thought I'd buy the best and splash out on a Webber - expensive but you get what you pay for right?
Or do you? - I'm not so sure now. The inside of the cookbox has the same grey tectured coating as the outside of the cookbox on the left hand side but as you look around, across the rear to the right hand side the coating slowly diminishes to next to no coating at all. Frankly it looks cr@p!
Webber say its not intended to be coated inside the cookbox but for me the fact that one side is perfect and the rest not suggests they intended to coat the whole inside. Its too good on the left to just be overspray from the outside.
Can other members tell me how similar Webber grills are inside the cookboxfrom new please?
Can you share a picture of what you're seeing?

Can you share a picture of what you're seeing?
Hi,

Yes, these pictures are progressing from left side (good coating) getting steadily worse to right side (bad coating). And by bad coating I mean not far off bare metal. It doesnt look intentional to me.
Webber just said they only coat the otside of the cookbox and not the inside and therefore it isnt a manufacturing fault.

IMG_8142.jpg
IMG_8143.jpg
IMG_8144-1.jpg
IMG_8145.jpg
IMG_8146.jpg
IMG_8147.jpg
IMG_8148.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the photos! Just so you're aware, I work for Weber and spent 10 years in our Consumer Care department looking at photos of customers grills everyday. For the last 4 years I've been working in Product Management.

We do not intentionally paint the inside of the cookbox. They are supposed to be bare metal, so if anything is "wrong" it's the left side that has paint on the inside, but it's really not an issue. The entire inside of the cookbox is going to get coated with carbon, grease, soot, food debris, etc., so the original appearance will only be a memory preserved by these photos.

You'll want to keep the inside as clean as you can of course, to avoid grease fires, flare ups, and to keep the grill in good condition and running for as long as possible, but it's never going to look like this again unless you do an excessive deep cleaning of it, which would be a waste of time in my opinion.

My guess how this happened is that the operator applying the paint simply made a mistake by spraying too much on the inside. Maybe they were new and it was their first day on the job. Maybe they got distracted by a coworker. Maybe it was Friday and they started day dreaming about their weekend plans. We'll never know, but the inside is not intended to be painted to that extent. If we were to send you another cookbox it'll likely have less paint on the inside or be very similar to what you already have in your possesion. Either way, the condition of the inside of your cookbox, while not entirely normal, does not really represent any sort of issue that should cause you concern. I hope this helps set your mind at ease, but let me know if you've got more questions!

Thats great John, many thanks for the information. That does make sense.
Hopefully the UK weather will allow me to start coating the inside of that cookbox very soon! :)

Thats great John, many thanks for the information. That does make sense.
Hopefully the UK weather will allow me to start coating the inside of that cookbox very soon! :)
Happy to help, and I hope you enjoy using your new grill!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back