Looking for a good way to cook lamb

smoke-ring

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
So a friend of mine told me how well he likes lamb, and since I love to try new things I bought a lamb shank. But I’ve no idea how to smoke/prepare it. Does anyone have a favorite recipe or method they want to share?

Google “smoked braised lamb shank”, some really good looking stuff. I cook a lot of lamb for the wife and I’ve wanted to try this.

Google “smoked braised lamb shank”, some really good looking stuff. I cook a lot of lamb for the wife and I’ve wanted to try this.
That does look good. I might give it a try.

The best way to cook lamb, is not to cook it. Just my opinion. I’ve never had lamb that I liked. Too greasy, too gamey, to weird. But I like to try new things too. So go for it. Want to see pics.

The best way to cook lamb, is not to cook it. Just my opinion. I’ve never had lamb that I liked. Too greasy, too gamey, to weird. But I like to try new things too. So go for it. Want to see pics.
I’ve heard that before! I will try and post some pics.

I’ve heard that before! I will try and post some pics.
I even tried it at a Brazilian place here in Phoenix. Fogo de Chow. (Spell check) all there meat was good. Except the lamb. I don’t like the aftertaste, it lingers in for a while.

I even tried it at a Brazilian place here in Phoenix. Fogo de Chow. (Spell check) all there meat was good. Except the lamb. I don’t like the aftertaste, it lingers in for a while.
On the other hand roast rack of lamb is one of my favorite meals and something my wife likes equally well. However, that is the only cut of lamb I like.

Cooked this rack of lamb a week and a half ago. Smoked at 225 until 140 internal. Pulled off and rested about 30 min. It was really good. Sorry for my recent hiatus all I’ve been crazy busy at work!

🤤🤤🤤

Attachments

• 9EC714D6-993B-4543-9626-3BABDD5242E7.jpeg
    9EC714D6-993B-4543-9626-3BABDD5242E7.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 26
  • FA0B0F12-C4E2-42BB-978F-A507FCD7857F.jpeg
    FA0B0F12-C4E2-42BB-978F-A507FCD7857F.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 24
Cooked this rack of lamb a week and a half ago. Smoked at 225 until 140 internal. Pulled off and rested about 30 min. It was really good. Sorry for my recent hiatus all I’ve been crazy busy at work!

🤤🤤🤤
I like lamb, but my father LOVES rack of lamb. You did that thing proud!

Going to do chops tonight, I like to cut them and get more char on each one. I don’t really love lamb but my wife loves it so I put WAY TOO MUCH effort into getting it right. It’s funny it stresses me out cooking it because what I would normally like she doesn’t, she wants a slightly under well done but juicy. Yeah. that window is small! No booze while cooking that stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back