Favorite Steak seasoning?

Salt and Pepper. Sometimes garlic and rosemary bath with olive oil or tallow while searing. Cattleman's Tri-Tip Seasoning is a real nice seasoning for most meats. I've been on a Meat Church kick lately for my smoking though. I haven't found one I didn't like.

cattlemans-grill-california-tri-tip-5-oz-1_1.jpg

I rotate quite a few including the killer hogs above, but here are a few of my favorites. Just using the eyeball test, you can tell that the one labeled salt n pepper is in fact not just s&p.
IMG_0374.jpeg
IMG_0375.jpeg
IMG_0377.jpeg

I’ve been using Kosmos Q Cow Cover most recently.

What is your favorite Steak seasoning?
I’m a big fan of Waltonsinc.com they have Excaliber spices which are their private label. I buy this by the 1# shaker.

Attachments

• IMG_5725.jpeg
    IMG_5725.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 13
I used to experiment with rub recipes. I’ve gotten lazy and settled on the big shaker of McCormick’s Montreal Steak. Hard to beat and always at hand.

Salt. I like the flavour of a good steak. However, if you salt (with kosher salt) the meat the day before in leave it tightly wrapped in the refrigerator, you’ll find said flavour is enhanced.

Rosemary Salt and Pepper. But as mentioned, Kinder's The Blend and Montreal Steak are a close second.

Usually season with salt and pepper, though sometimes I use only salt. I also make it a point to always salt the steak one day before cooking the steak on a grill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back