Cover or No Cover

Zhatt

Reaction score
I use covers on my SmokeFire and Summit Charcoal. I'm thinking about a Searwood and wondering if I really need the cover. I have a 25 year old Performer that has never been covered (in San Francisco Bay Area) and it looks pretty good.

My Classic Accessories cover for the Summit Charcoal only lasted a few years but I got a warranty replacement 👍. My Weber Smokefire cover is tearing after 4 or 5 years. I do like that the covers keep misc dirt off the grills.

What does everybody think about covers?

I don't use covers anymore as I keep my cookers in the garage. And when I did, I tried different ones that didn't breathe and trapped moisture, causing rust. If I felt a need to cover it now, I'd just throw an old 100% cotton sheet over it. Of course, that's only practical if it's in the garage.

I guess I'm OCD: all my grills and flattops are stored in the garage annd barn- and all have covers. Never had any issues. Always ready to cook- clean, no dust.

I cover both my smoke fire and my Searwood. Not enough room to put them in either the shed or the garage.

Don’t know if it is needed, but just feel with the electronics and pellets- may help to keep the water out.

I cover both my smoke fire and my Searwood. Not enough room to put them in either the shed or the garage.

Don’t know if it is needed, but just feel with the electronics and pellets- may help to keep the water out.

Are you using the Weber branded cover for the Searwood?

I am. The Searwood is on the left.

IMG_7069.jpeg

Are you using the Weber branded cover for the Searwood?

I bought the cover and it fits just fine. A review where the guy said it doesn’t cover the bottom shelf is NOT true. If you wrap the Velcro straps around the wheels it does just fine.

One other thing I should have added to my previous post. Besides rust caused by covers that didn't breathe & trapped moisture/humidity, critters loved being covered up in these MN winters. After a few times tearing down & disinfecting my grills due to mice nests, I'd had enough of covers. Not to mention they chewed on a couple of $60 covers in the process. Since then, I moved everything to the garage and wheel them out when I want to cook. No critters since.

I bought the cover and it fits just fine. A review where the guy said it doesn’t cover the bottom shelf is NOT true. If you wrap the Velcro straps around the wheels it does just fine.
What he said!

Latest Discussions

Back