Bought the wrong one?

Will

Reaction score
Grill
Weber Performer
Long time Weber user - WSM, Kettle, and Performer. Decided I needed a pellet grill, but heard so many problems with the Weber SmokeFire, I purchased a RecTeq RT-1250. This is a beast, heavy with a lot of stainless steel and larger cook surface than I probably will ever use.
Now I'm reading so much about the Searwood XL and watching videos, I'm becoming envious of the Searwood and the urge to return home to Weber. (I wonder if anyone is ready to trade?) ;)

Attachments

• Recteq2.jpg
    Recteq2.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 74
I'd been on the fence for a year researching different pellet grills/smokers. As I've gotten older, tending to my stick burner all the time to produce good cooks & missing all the family time took all the fun out of it. I decided I wanted the tracking & operational capabilities of the Meater probe I've been using built-in to my cooker. So, as a Weber fan, I started looking at Smokefire, then saw all of the issues everyone was having. A buddy of mine has a Recteq, so I thought about that for months, watching video after video. But, I really wanted direct flame access and was surprised that so few have it and the ones that do, you have to slide a cover open. What a hassle. Then I saw the Searwood was released and it has full-time direct flame & the flavorizer that I love from my Genesis. So, I pulled the trigger on opening weekend and have never been more satisfied with a cooker. At the time, Recteq's 15% off sale was very tempting, but staying with Weber, has been great so far.

I say all that not to piss in your Cheerios, but if you decide to sell the Recteq, I'm sure you'll be able to offload it. The only problem is getting a Searwood now, because the popularity has exploded with all the good reviews. I bought my XL at Ace. Good luck!!

Long time Weber user - WSM, Kettle, and Performer. Decided I needed a pellet grill, but heard so many problems with the Weber SmokeFire, I purchased a RecTeq RT-1250. This is a beast, heavy with a lot of stainless steel and larger cook surface than I probably will ever use.
Now I'm reading so much about the Searwood XL and watching videos, I'm becoming envious of the Searwood and the urge to return home to Weber. (I wonder if anyone is ready to trade?) ;)
Love the tec as well, but love smokefire, just hate the customer service

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back