BOGO Deal on Bear Mountain Pellets

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I received an email today from Bear Mountain on a buy one get one free deal. Just use promo code "BOGO" at checkout! https://bearmountainbbq.com/

bearmountain-bogo.png

Last edited:
Nice, never used Bear Mountain, how do they compare to Weber or other brands?

Nice, never used Bear Mountain, how do they compare to Weber or other brands?

I don't have any experience, but I just placed an order so I'll report back in a few weeks! Free shipping also, so you can't beat the price.

I don't have any experience, but I just placed an order so I'll report back in a few weeks! Free shipping also, so you can't beat the price.
Hopefully not a harbinger of the wind-down of smoke seasons for us Northeners! 🙏😫🥃

Finally got around to using the bear mountain pellets today. Did some veggies for salsa and some chickens for pulled chicken. I used the applewood pellets. Ran them at 225 for about an hour, then 245 for 3 hours and then raised temp to 265 for the last hour. Appearance wise, the apple pellets are a bit darker than Weber's and are a bit "fatter". I didn't have any issues with jamming (on latest firmware and have all upgrades / fixes in place).

No complaints on the flavor. I will say that the pellets produced a ton of ash. My ash pan was full after the cook (it had 5 hours of ash in it before starting from my last batch of ribs) and the outside of the smoker had considerable ash on it.

Hope this helps!

-Will

Thanks for sharing your experience. How was the chicken?

Finally got around to using the bear mountain pellets today. Did some veggies for salsa and some chickens for pulled chicken. I used the applewood pellets. Ran them at 225 for about an hour, then 245 for 3 hours and then raised temp to 265 for the last hour. Appearance wise, the apple pellets are a bit darker than Weber's and are a bit "fatter". I didn't have any issues with jamming (on latest firmware and have all upgrades / fixes in place).

No complaints on the flavor. I will say that the pellets produced a ton of ash. My ash pan was full after the cook (it had 5 hours of ash in it before starting from my last batch of ribs) and the outside of the smoker had considerable ash on it.

Hope this helps!

-Will
Do you still use these pellets? I just bought a bag and wondering what your opinion is of them now that it has been a while since the post

Do you still use these pellets? I just bought a bag and wondering what your opinion is of them now that it has been a while since the post
I prefer weber pellets over these. That said, I buy them when I come across a sale. They have decent flavor but definitely produce more ash so make for more frequent cleaning.

Would love to hear what you think of them after trying them out.

-Will

Bear Mountain made my auger creak and groan. No other pellet brand has done that. Weber is replacing my auger. Blame the Bear Mountain stuff? Can't be definite but it makes sense that it messed the auger up. The cotter pin had wallowed out the auger enough that there was about a 1/4" play in it. I still have some Bear Mountain, but it won't see my EX6 anymore. I"ll use the stuff for my AMAZN tube smoker

Latest Discussions

Back