Anyone try Charcoal Pellets?

I was just about to post on this topic. I picked up some lumber Jack pellets. Competition blend, Char Hickory, and Hickory. Did pizzas with a.mix of 40% CharHickory and 60% Competiiton. I found this to be a excellent mix. Pizzas came out really good. The char Hickory pellets i believe helps with temps and recovery after opening the cooker. Never seen my smokfire burn so hot so fast reaching 400 degrees. I would highly recommend. I also used them for my brisket and pork.shoulder that is still going. Charhickory25% and comp blend 75%. I have only used the weber pellets prior to this. 15 bucks a bag at Dicks Sporting goods here in south jersey.

Attachments

• 20200424_184259.jpg
    20200424_184259.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 124
Thanks! Gonna try, just ordered up some from dicks Sporting goods. been using pit boss comp lately but its too mild and wasn’t real happy with my last cook. Smoke was a cardboard plus graham cracker smell if that makes sense.

Thanks! Gonna try, just ordered up some from dicks Sporting goods. been using pit boss comp lately but its too mild and wasn’t real happy with my last cook. Smoke was a cardboard plus graham cracker smell if that makes sense.
You will be very happy with the lumberjack pellets..keep us posted!

Dicks will match internet prices. Rural King sells all Lunberjack pellets for $8.88 a 20 lb bag. Before COVID-19 you could go to their service desk and show them the price. Then they would ship them to you for free if they did not have them in stock. I bet if you called them or emailed them they would still match the internet price. You can also order from Rural King and they will ship them for a few. I think there are even cheaper places to buy them but not that much cheaper.

I haven’t tried the charcoal pellets yet but I just bought a bag from Walmart, will try soon

Dicks will match internet prices. Rural King sells all Lunberjack pellets for $8.88 a 20 lb bag. Before COVID-19 you could go to their service desk and show them the price. Then they would ship them to you for free if they did not have them in stock. I bet if you called them or emailed them they would still match the internet price. You can also order from Rural King and they will ship them for a few. I think there are even cheaper places to buy them but not that much cheaper.
Great price..will be ordering more from them! Thanks!

I found some pit boss charcoal pellets at wallyworld today and my lumberjack char hickory will be here on Thursday. Be interesting to compare the two.

Just ordered some from Dicks and they did price match Rural King. Only downside is they are super busy so it was 45 minutes until I got an associate, then 20 more minutes for them to do the order online. They have to fill out some form for each price match. Three bags for just under $35!

Guess i need to make a call. Just ordered more. Rural king shipping was very expensive. There great if you curbside pickup!

Guess i need to make a call. Just ordered more. Rural king shipping was very expensive. There great if you curbside pickup!
I switched to Lumberjack pellets over a month a go and haven’t looked back. For my area Dick’s is free shipping to the door if you order plenty. Rural King is a county away and not worth the trip. Love me some Lumberjack pellets. Can’t say enough good things about them.

Did a pizza today using the Pit Boss Charcoal. It was too high temp for a lot of smoke but the smoke profile is definitely different than wood - a bit milder. Too bad I messed up the pizza. It stuck to the pizza screen. And it was my best crust prep too, it was actually round and looked like a real pizza. Oh well, live and learn.

I’ve always heard good thinks about Lumberjack. Need to pick some up.

Latest Discussions

Back