Adding charcoal whilst roasting meat with in-direct heat

dmoyes

Reaction score
Grill
Weber Master-Touch GBS Premium E-5770 Charcoal Grill 57cm
I'm new to this and am currently experimenting before I use my grill to entertain guests. If I am roasting a chicken for example and need to add more briquettes during roasting, what would be the best way to do this please. I would be trying to maintain the required roasting temperature.

Welcome to the forum @dmoyes 🍻

I don't have much experience cooking with a charcoal grill, hopefully someone else can chime in

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone had any suggestions?

I'm new to this and am currently experimenting before I use my grill to entertain guests. If I am roasting a chicken for example and need to add more briquettes during roasting, what would be the best way to do this please. I would be trying to maintain the required roasting temperature.
Not sure which charcoal grill you have but I bought a hinged grate for my Weber 22" kettle. It allows you to lift up a section of the grill to do just what you are asking. This is the one I have for my kettle.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/parts--...charcoal-parts/hinged-cooking-grate/7436.html

Otherwise - not sure how you would do it except to have someone else [carefully] list up the entire grate while you add in the briquettes needed.

Hinged grate is the way to go. I personally like the ones designed to work with a slow n sear. Bigger hinge easier access.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back