🔥 What's cooking on your Weber Slate / Griddle? 🍔

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it was time to have a dedicated thread for what's cooking on your Weber Griddle! Let's see those photos!

Weber-Smash-Burgers2.jpg

Last edited:
I got all excited to buy the Weber Griddle when I saw is was coming out and then decided that 28" was too small and 36" was too big so I ended up buying a Blackstone 30". I'm having fun with it and I'm sure the Weber's are great too.

PXL_20230226_031201467.jpg
PXL_20230226_031643597.jpg
PXL_20230305_024039069.jpg
PXL_20230226_172313951.jpg
PXL_20230305_203828444.jpg

I think high is not hot enough but overall I'm happy with it.
That’s interesting because most of the experts complain about mot being able to hold lower temps without turning burners off. I’ve heard 450-500 is all the hotter you should expect. Does that seem right? Do you temp with a surface thermometer? Just curious.

Weber is marketing their griddle as "Quickly reaching searing temperatures over 500ËšF" and that may have set my expectations. I think the Blackstone is hot enough and in the 400-450 range (and maybe eventually getting to 500) using an IR thermometer. However I normally am cooking at full on, but I expected to typically run it at 3/4 instead of full on so I could crank it up if needed.

Weber is marketing their griddle as "Quickly reaching searing temperatures over 500ËšF" and that may have set my expectations. I think the Blackstone is hot enough and in the 400-450 range (and maybe eventually getting to 500) using an IR thermometer. However I normally am cooking at full on, but I expected to typically run it at 3/4 instead of full on so I could crank it up if needed.
I’m no griddle expert, so take it with a grain of salt.

Time to get this thread going again!

Here's my first time cooking pancakes & eggs on the Weber Traveler 22. Came out great!

weber-traveler-friedeggs.jpeg
weber-traveler-pancakes.jpeg

My first attempt at making Oklahoma Onion Smash Burgers. I forgot to take a photo once they were finished. We were all too hungry..lol

Weber-Smash-Burgers.jpeg

Weber-Smash-Burgers2.jpeg

Fired up the griddle last night for some philly cheesesteaks! So far, this new Weber griddle has been awesome. I can't wait to take it out camping this fall.

traveler22-philly-steak1.jpeg

traveler22-philly-steak2.jpeg

Nice, those look good. Been using my Slate a lot too. Phillys on the list but haven’t tried them yet.

Friday fajitas sizzling on the Weber 22! It’s a good way to kick off the weekend. 🍻

weber-fajites-travel22.jpeg

Did some chicken quesadillas and smash burgers this week, but didn’t take any pics.

Latest Discussions

Back